• 21(current)
[RELEASE] Rapier 7.9.0 for Kodi 14.x Helix [DEPRECATED]
How do I go about adding an overview description for a movie set?
(2015-06-28, 21:38)strubdog Wrote: How do I go about adding an overview description for a movie set?

Download and install the add-on script.skin.info.service from within Kodi using the "Install from zip file" option.
If I wanted to add a desctiption (or plot info) to a set. Do I use 'Set.Movies.Plot' in an info file. I want write a custom description. Some input would be appreciated.
(2015-06-29, 00:27)strubdog Wrote: If I wanted to add a desctiption (or plot info) to a set. Do I use 'Set.Movies.Plot' in an info file. I want write a custom description. Some input would be appreciated.

Hmm... I don't know if that's possible at all?

Set.Movies.Plot is an info label for script.skin.info.service.

Try looking at these pages:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_sets
http://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/movies#Movie_sets

Script.skin.info.service combines your existing data for each movie in a set.
(2015-06-18, 19:26)robmich Wrote: Would it be possible for you to add the ability to have the "fanart" background setting added to the Live TV main menu item?

Thanks!

Rob

Hi Rob.

I just looked into it and it is already possible - I just couldn't remember Smile

Skin Settings -> Backgrounds -> TV.

Here you can set a single background image or multiple backgrounds in a specified folder. And you can select to have the background image only in the home screen or also in the entire live tv section.

Is this what you're after?

Or do you want to use your existing movie and tv show fanart images?
Can i change the list view without doin it one by one?
i would like movies, tv shows/seasons/episodes to be set to "list info"
(2015-07-03, 16:13)Deezel Wrote: Can i change the list view without doin it one by one?
i would like movies, tv shows/seasons/episodes to be set to "list info"

Sorry, that's not possible. View Types for all sections of Kodi are stored. That's makes customizing each section easier.

But also makes setting all sections to the same view harder Smile

I also use List Info for movies, tv shows, episodes, add-ons etc. And I use List Info 3 for episodes.
Hello,

I really like the style of this skin, it's very elegant and is what I use personally.
I also happen to be the the creator of the add-on Collection TV.
You are welcome to try it out.

During the past week I've been trying to add more sorting methods and more info to video lists in my add-on. The kind of info I'm talking about is: views, date, rating, likes, dislikes, playcount, and many others. Some of this info is for YouTube videos only (views and likes for example).

The sorting I managed to do perfectly programmatically. However, when it comes to presenting all the info in a natural a way, the more I played with it, the more I came to realize that regular Kodi skins are just not suited for my needs. I've come to the conclusion I will need to add custom views to my add-on in order for everything to really feel natural. The problem is, I know nothing about Kodi skinning and have no plans to start learning it either. And so here I am, wondering if you would like to help me create some custom views for my addon.

Thanks you for this great skin no matter what you decide,
SportySpice.
(2015-03-15, 20:46)Gade Wrote: I have created an add-on repository for Rapier.

This means that if you install this repository, you will always automatically receive the newest and freshest development updates of Rapier.

You will still automatically get the official updates.

To install this repository for Kodi Helix, you must do so by following these steps:
  1. Download the zip file from the Github link above
  2. Start Kodi
  3. Navigate to Settings
  4. Add-ons
  5. Install from zip file
  6. Locate the zip file you downloaded
  7. Install
Hi Gade! Sorry for such a newbie question at this point but I recently had to reinstall my OpenElec/Rapier setup on my RaspPii2 due to a power outage at a hotel and I'm trying to get things back up and running. For some reason, I'm having trouble getting to first base on your repository install. I'm running 14.1 and OpenElec 5.0.2 but for some reason CANNOT find your step #3 "Navigate to Settings"...seems that every menu has a Settings/Addon section but not the one I need to install the repo .zip. From my Home, I see General, System, Power, Music, Videos, Programs, Pictures.......what is the exact path to find this Addons/Install from Zip option? Thanks in advance for your usual great assistance!
(2015-07-03, 21:35)SportySpice Wrote: Hello,

I really like the style of this skin, it's very elegant and is what I use personally.
I also happen to be the the creator of the add-on Collection TV.
You are welcome to try it out.

During the past week I've been trying to add more sorting methods and more info to video lists in my add-on. The kind of info I'm talking about is: views, date, rating, likes, dislikes, playcount, and many others. Some of this info is for YouTube videos only (views and likes for example).

The sorting I managed to do perfectly programmatically. However, when it comes to presenting all the info in a natural a way, the more I played with it, the more I came to realize that regular Kodi skins are just not suited for my needs. I've come to the conclusion I will need to add custom views to my add-on in order for everything to really feel natural. The problem is, I know nothing about Kodi skinning and have no plans to start learning it either. And so here I am, wondering if you would like to help me create some custom views for my addon.

Thanks you for this great skin no matter what you decide,
SportySpice.

Hi SportySpice.

Thanks a bunch for all the kind words - it means a lot.

Collection TV looks like a really great and useful add-on. I have just tried it briefly and will give it some more attention soon.

I really appreciate you turning to me to skin your add-on. Unfortunately I'm waaaaaaay too busy at work and with the family, so I barely have the time needed for Rapier. Hope you understand Smile

Cheers
Gade
(2015-07-04, 05:42)Dadmin Wrote: Hi Gade! Sorry for such a newbie question at this point but I recently had to reinstall my OpenElec/Rapier setup on my RaspPii2 due to a power outage at a hotel and I'm trying to get things back up and running. For some reason, I'm having trouble getting to first base on your repository install. I'm running 14.1 and OpenElec 5.0.2 but for some reason CANNOT find your step #3 "Navigate to Settings"...seems that every menu has a Settings/Addon section but not the one I need to install the repo .zip. From my Home, I see General, System, Power, Music, Videos, Programs, Pictures.......what is the exact path to find this Addons/Install from Zip option? Thanks in advance for your usual great assistance!

Hi Dadmin.

No worries, I'm here to help Smile

I assume you already have Rapier from the Kodi add-on repository installed?

Navigate to the System category and click on the Add-ons submenu. That will take you to the add-on browser, where you can install from zip, install add-ons from repositories etc etc.

Btw, I just installed OpenElec 5.95.2 with Isengard and Rapier 8.x and it runs extremely well. Smile
(2015-07-04, 18:21)Gade Wrote: Hi SportySpice.

Thanks a bunch for all the kind words - it means a lot.

Collection TV looks like a really great and useful add-on. I have just tried it briefly and will give it some more attention soon.

I really appreciate you turning to me to skin your add-on. Unfortunately I'm waaaaaaay too busy at work and with the family, so I barely have the time needed for Rapier. Hope you understand Smile

Cheers
Gade

I understand. I will have to look for a skinner somewhere else.
Not sure where at the moment, but hopefully I'll find someone

If you ever change your mind, let me know.
Thanks!
A new update is available. This is a massive update and includes bugfixing and loads of new features - some are described below. As usual, please report if you experience any bugs or have feature requests Smile

Support and features have been updated/added for these add-ons: service.nextup.notification, script.extendedinfo (minimum version 3.0.0 needed), script.tvtunes, script.videoextras, script.artistslideshow, script.youtube.browser. If some features suddenly do not work as before, look in the below changelog or report in this thread.

Rapier 7.5.1 is available through the official Kodi repository!

This update is installed automatically.
If this is not the case, you can download it here.

CHANGELOG
Code:
7.5.1 (12-July-15)
- Added "Mirror Image" button to file browser dialog.
- Update of PVR channels OSD dialog.
- Update of PVR channels window labels.
- Bugfixing of movie set media flag in Wall View.
- Added onclick functions to info labels in ExtendedInfo video information windows.
- Added Reviews to ExtendedInfo video information window.
- Added Extended Information button to the context menu in movie and tv show libraries.
- Updated movie set information window to use script.extendedinfo.
- Added menubar dialog to artist / album information windows with 4 buttons: Extra artist info, Popular Tracks, Similar Artists, Search Youtube (requires script.extendedinfo / plugin.video.youtube).
- Added menubar dialog to movie / tv show / season information windows with 3 buttons: Extra Video Info, Similar Videos, Search Youtube (requires script.extendedinfo / plugin.video.youtube).
- Added "Search Youtube" button to episode / music video information windows (requires plugin.video.youtube).
- Added button to ExtendedInfo video information window for local tv shows to enter season / episode library.
- Added season and episode labels for ExtendedInfo tv show information window.
- Update and bugfixing of ExtendedInfo episode information window.
- Bugfixing of trailer buttons using plugin.video.youtube.
- Added 2 color themes: red and orange (big thanks to PetitDroud).
- Changed play / open button label in video information window.
- Added Youtube Browser for script.extendedinfo and script.youtube.browser (requires manual installation).
- Redesign and positioning of OSD slider dialog.
- Bugfixing of Artwork Downloader when downloading music video artwork using the skin settings add-ons section.
- Added view option for ExtendedInfo video list window Thumbnail View to display either Year / Rating or Genre labels.
- Added List View and List Info 3 View for ExtendedInfo video list window.
- Updated support for TV Tunes add-on.
- Removed TV Tunes skin settings. All settings are now handled in the TV Tunes add-on settings.
- Updated support for script.videoextras.
- Update and bugfixing of Artist Slideshow add-on.
- Bugfixing of global search audio media flags.
- Added additional studio logos.
- Updated ExtendedInfo according to latest changes: duration changes, hide buttons for tv show and episode content.
- Added rating votes to ExtendedInfo video list window.
- Added T9 Live Search for ExtendedInfo video list window.
- Added network logo to ExtendedInfo tv show information window.
- Added some info labels to ExtendedInfo tv show information window.
- Added View Options (hide title / hide scrollbar / hide fanart) to ExtendedInfo video list window.
- Added background fanart images to ExtendedInfo video list window.
- Added studio logo to movie set information window.
- Added support for the add-on service.nextup.notification (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=228435).
- Updated language files from Transifex (thanks to alanwww1).

Added support for the add-on service.nextup.notification (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=228435).

Added List View for ExtendedInfo video list window.
Added background fanart images to ExtendedInfo video list window.

Added List Info 3 View for ExtendedInfo video list window.
Added background fanart images to ExtendedInfo video list window.
Added rating votes to ExtendedInfo video list window.

Added menubar dialog to movie / tv show / season information windows with 3 buttons: Extra Video Info, Similar Videos, Search Youtube (requires script.extendedinfo / plugin.video.youtube).
Changed play / open button label in video information window.

Similar tv shows:

CONTINUED TO THE NEXT POST...
Added menubar dialog to artist / album information windows with 4 buttons: Extra artist info, Popular Tracks, Similar Artists, Search Youtube (requires script.extendedinfo / plugin.video.youtube).
Similar artists in library:

Added Youtube Browser for script.extendedinfo and script.youtube.browser (requires manual installation).

Added red color theme (big thanks to PetitDroud).

Added orange color theme (big thanks to PetitDroud).

ENJOY!
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rapier 7.9.0 for Kodi 14.x Helix [DEPRECATED]2