iOS 8.1 Keyboard Disappears
Opening Kodi (Latest Nightly) on iOS 8.1 seems to break the native keyboard from working in any other app until a respring/restart.

Has anybody else experienced this, or have a solution (even a workaround).

Thanks!
Do you use a 3rd party keyboard? Thats the only thing i have read somewhere where a user had an issue with (though the problem the keyboard came up empty without buttons in Kodi). I don't have experienced any keyboard issues on ipad mini retina - though i am not jailbroken - it might be jailbreak related or device related (in case you have an iPhone or something for example).

Please elaborate a bit more. Does it break after you used the keyboard from within kodi or is launching kodi enough? Also how does it break exactly?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2014-11-24, 14:51)Memphiz Wrote: Do you use a 3rd party keyboard? Thats the only thing i have read somewhere where a user had an issue with (though the problem the keyboard came up empty without buttons in Kodi). I don't have experienced any keyboard issues on ipad mini retina - though i am not jailbroken - it might be jailbreak related or device related (in case you have an iPhone or something for example).

Please elaborate a bit more. Does it break after you used the keyboard from within kodi or is launching kodi enough? Also how does it break exactly?

Thanks for the help - The keyboard is all stock settings, no 3rd party and I'm on a jailbroken iPhone 6 Plus.

It was happening every time I launched Kodi, and when I switched to any other app and pressed on a field to input text (text messaging, Safari, ect), the stock keyboard would simply not pop up.

But of course now that I post the issue it's now working flawlessly. I'll post again when I QA this a bit more and nail down what may be causing it.

Thanks!
I have been encountering the exact same issue on my iOS devices. (JB+3rd Party Keyboards) After some tinkering, I found the solution. You have to simply delete the third party keyboards off your active list on iOS. (Settings>General>Keyboards>Keyboards) Once you do this, the keyboard should start showing up just like normal.

Hope it helps anyone like me searching for solutions!
I too was having this problem. I didn't need to delete my Swype keyboard but rather opened the keyboard using text messenger and switching to the stock keyboard that way. No more blank board when i restarted Kodi after that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iOS 8.1 Keyboard Disappears0