Chromebox and blu ray iso
Hello, I've just a chromebox but having a little trouble playing blu Ray iso. Has any managed to get them playing? Would it be by network or is the chrombox not up to the task?
I can play mine just fine. What exactly is the issue and are you running Openelec?

Are you following the settings here: http://kodi.wiki/view/Chromebox#Recommended_Settings

(Well haven't tried a pure ISO persay but blu-ray folder rips work fine)
I think it maybe my network need work out a solution
"having a little trouble" tells us nothing useful in terms of helping to diagnose the problem. start with:

- source of ISO (including network share type if applicable)
- OpenELEC version
- symptoms
- log file

because everything looks good from my end, on OE 4.2.1 via SMB:

(2014-11-24, 02:01)mattay32 Wrote: I think it maybe my network need work out a solution

You'll pretty much need wired Ethernet for blueray ISO.
Ok thanks. I'm running openelec 4.2.1. I'm using NFS share. I have a synology NAS drive which all movies are on. That's connected to my router via one of them power line adaptors as its sitting in another room. When it plays the file it takes a very long time to start playing and then when it does it stutters all the time. Not sure how you get a log file. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
I'd start with doing a speed test between OE and your NAS and go from there, because it's a network issue, not a ChromeBox/OpenELEC/XBMC issue.
Powerline is good, a real step above most wireless ethernet setups. However I find I have to replug mine every now and then or I get buffering.

But it is not a patch on wired ethernet. Run a cable. The only reason I haven't is that we are renting until our house is fixed.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
And there are lots of flavours of Powerline converters - with very different performance levels (and the quality of your home wiring can also make a major impact).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Chromebox and blu ray iso0