• 3(current)
Kodi Animation thread
Here's something from me. I liked the rotation of the 1st one so I did something similar for the intro, then made an X appears and transforms to K. Smile

Had to cut out a part of the animation, original one is longer and 1080p.
Very nice. All it needs is an audio clip to go along with it.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
nice and professional. good job
(2014-11-28, 15:53)samfisher Wrote: Here's something from me. I liked the rotation of the 1st one so I did something similar for the intro, then made an X appears and transforms to K. Smile

Wow. this is top notch!
Thumbs Up 
(2014-11-28, 15:53)samfisher Wrote: Here's something from me. I liked the rotation of the 1st one so I did something similar for the intro, then made an X appears and transforms to K. Smile

HOLY CRAP, I want that as my KODI start screen, even if it doesn't get picked.

I love it. Amazing work, samfisher.

Any chance you can upload the full quality 1080p version somewhere, either in GIF or MP4/MKV/whatever?
I completely misinterpreted what this task was. I whipped this up in like, 3 minutes, and tried to make it look as basic as possible...
Its in mp4, because Photoshop wouldn't convert it to gif :O

http://puu.sh/d8Mmi/9a28412a46.mp4
@samfisher - this looks really nice. Can it be speeded up a bit? I mean, this is the boot/startup animation and it probably should not block the startup for too long. Maybe skip the folding part and directly explode into the final logo? Also, quite a lot of reflections going on - maybe a little less? The ™ could probably be dropped from the animation and fade it once the logo is in final position? Just some ideas - no demand or anything. Keep em coming Smile

btw - is there anything you can't do? Wink
@samfisher, I must say that's one really good looking animation. Love the squares / triangles transition.

@da-anda, the folding / unfolding is what makes it great.
Thanks everyone! Smile

@da-anda & @h.udo: yeah I knew it was a bit too long, but the "origami part" is cool. So maybe starting the animation from the "4 arrows" point? From an "X"? Or something different but I'd like to keep the folding/unfolding idea, and maybe work around that. Removing reflections is an easy job, I would make more versions, but unfortunately it required 2 days for my pc to render that scene Confused so maybe I'll try something more when we have an exact idea of what we want Smile
Love that animation samfisher Smile

Personally speaking I don't mind a bit of a delay for something like that, also there's been occasional issues on some systems which boot straight to Kodi of not all services being fully initialized by the time Kodi is loaded so startup delays in the OS have to be used.

snip

Killed it as usual... Thumbs up... The Japanese influence is showing up there... Wink and the X sneaking up in there brilliant.
@samfisher - I also like the folding part in itself. What might work to still speed it up a bit is to skip the rotation when folded and/or do the folding in random order simultainously? Also you don't have to raytrace that - the pure animation flat shaded will work out as well (pre-viz). Eye candy can be added once timing and animation are sorted out. I mean, we now know how awesome it can/will look Smile

hats off.
Image Image
Did I Help? Add to my reputation
@uNiversal: yes, japanese inspiration!

@da-anda & jjd-uk: exactly, we can go with a draft version for now, then when ready make it pretty. Are we sure we want to make it shorter? jjd-uk seems to think otherwise, I'm not sure either. Do we also want to make a loading icon animation? If so we could start with a rounded box rotating, this is the loading icon, when the software is ready the intro animation starts, meaning that the box transform into arrows / K. Or instead of a box we could use the 4 arrows (faster to animate onto a K), maybe it's better. Just ideas. Smile
we don't delay startup for just a splash animation.
if it would benefit startup as in it could already start loading stuff in background than it's worth considering. as of now i don't think that possible (even animated gif isn't in master branch)
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Animation thread8