Since Kodi ALPHA4 AMLCodec Black Screen Video on Minix X8
Hello,

The last version where I can see video picture is in Kodi Alpha4. I don't know whats changes does the team introduce to Kodi with AML Codec for AML S812 processor.

For the next versions Beta1, Beta2 and Beta3, I need to disable AMLCodec in order to get the Video Picture working again, but the problems is the Hardware native decoding of AML, is necessary for some Video Files, so I don't understand why I need to disable this AMLCodec, while my unit box is a MINIX X8 with a AML S812 inside.

If you need more information, just tell me. I hope the team could fix it in the next Kodi release version.

Thanks
I'm trying to figure this out too. I have a Sumvision Cyclone X4 (S805 SOC, KitKat 4.4.2) and no standard version of XBMC, KODI or SPMC that I have tried works with AMLogic hardware acceleration enabled. I tried the latest Kodi nightly this morning and have previously tried SPMC and 14.0-beta2.

I get excellent results with the manufacturer's supplied Kodi 14.0-alpha1 and Stane's 13.2 build mostly works, but that's it, everything else is black screen/no video. The box is now rooted so there should be no problems with permissions.

I've tried libstagefright, but it only seems to work for 720 content and then it somehow seems to switch off and everything is stuttering again until I restart Kodi/SPMC. Switching off AMLogic h/w is not a viable workaround.

Looking at the Kodi Wiki and FAQ, AMLogic h/w acceleration is supposed to be working with this S805 SOC and the S802, and this particular box gets a mention in the Wiki grid as a working implementation of the SOC.

Can anyone enlighten me on what is going on here? I had thought until now that the manufacturer supplied Kodi 14.0-alpha1 had some custom modifications to make it work, but now I am starting to think there has just been some kind of regression in the source code?

Anyway, I am going to try 14.0-alpha4 to see if that works and confirm what Jalcot is saying.
(2014-11-24, 15:28)bobones Wrote: Anyway, I am going to try 14.0-alpha4 to see if that works and confirm what Jalcot is saying.
Confirmed: alpha4 works fine with AMLogic h/w decoding enabled. Later versions do not.
Thank you for confirm it! I hope Kodi Team can fix it and go back to AMLogic Codec used on Kodi 14 Alpha4 on new Kodi 14 release, please! Wink

This is the only place I found to report this bug. I would like to tell development team, about the issue...

Thanks,
Could you test this build and confirm it solves the problem for you, please:
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/andr...bi-v7a.apk
Thanks Koying, I've just done a quick test on my S805 box with that build and AML h/w decoding seems to be working as it was in alpha4.

One problem I've noticed is that mini display in LiveTV is not centred correctly as described here http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?1...post249998
Yep. I've a patch in my sleeve for that.
Excellent! Will SPMC get these fixes too?
This version works OK for TV110 S805 box too.
Nice!!! I've tested the build you posted and it works perfectly!

Thank you so much,
(2014-11-24, 22:38)bobones Wrote: Excellent! Will SPMC get these fixes too?

It's already in the beta I posted at Freaktab.
(2014-11-25, 00:54)Koying Wrote:

May I guess? It will not work on AMLogic devices since you warned:
Quote:It also tests for HARDWARE=rk3*, in case you altered this in build.prop.
(2014-11-25, 17:28)lawin1 Wrote:
(2014-11-25, 00:54)Koying Wrote:

May I guess? It will not work on AMLogic devices since you warned:
Quote:It also tests for HARDWARE=rk3*, in case you altered this in build.prop.

No, it works great on my S805 box with AMLogic h/w decoding switched on. There's only the little annoyance with LiveTV preview window not displaying correctly, but it's perfect otherwise.
It's merged and will be in next nightlies
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
@bobones mind testing this to confirm the live preview is solved, please: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/andr...bi-v7a.apk

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Since Kodi ALPHA4 AMLCodec Black Screen Video on Minix X82