Since Kodi ALPHA4 AMLCodec Black Screen Video on Minix X8
Updated today to the latest Nightly on my Mini X X8-H

Playback is still choppy with no sound. If i uncheck AMcodec video don´t play at all.

More people with this issue.
I can confirm the black screen on Minix X8H, but the funny thing on my box is that I can start a HD-movie and have an excellent picture, but after stopping and restarting any movie - no matter HD or SD I have no picture. Under Gotham this was not the case. This occurs only with hardware decoding with "amcodec". Other hardware decoders do not work on the Minix X8H.

On all my other Kodi installations I do not have this problem (Openelec on USB, Windows 7, Raspberry). All the same Kodi release. I presume something is wrong with the "hardwaredecoding". It seems that the software needs some sort of reset after playing a movie.

Is anyone working on a solution? Unfortunately, after days of testing and reinstalling varios versions and trying all kinds of settings, I am at the end of my knowledge. Mayby I have to sell my Minix as it does not work with Kodi.

Cheers
jsthesilverman
I got fed-up and bought the AFTV. Installed Kodi 14, disabled Mediacodec and it works on the movies very well. Will sell my Minix X8H because of this incompatability. Unless........
Any Dev here that can tell me what you need to fix this issue with stuttering picture and black screen.
I use the latest stock minix X8h firmware.

Tell what to to to get the logs you need to fix it.
Please help out.
(2015-01-07, 15:49)John Scully Wrote: I got fed-up and bought the AFTV. Installed Kodi 14, disabled Mediacodec and it works on the movies very well. Will sell my Minix X8H because of this incompatability. Unless........

(2015-01-07, 21:02)strix75 Wrote: Any Dev here that can tell me what you need to fix this issue with stuttering picture and black screen.
I use the latest stock minix X8h firmware.

Tell what to to to get the logs you need to fix it.
Please help out.

The issues described in this thread have already been fixed. If you guys are still having issues them they are probably being caused by different bugs. Please try a nightly build (wiki) to confirm this, and then start new threads for these issues.
Hi Ned.

Installed the latest 2015-01-09 version today and video HD is stuttering massive. So I installed it again this time clean install but same issue. No sound and stuttering video.
(2015-01-09, 21:22)strix75 Wrote: Hi Ned.

Installed the latest 2015-01-09 version today and video HD is stuttering massive. So I installed it again this time clean install but same issue. No sound and stuttering video.

I agree, same issue - this is a known problem, pity there is no one working on this issue.
For those having black screens with some .ts files, please try: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/andr...bi-v7a.apk
That fixed it for me at least. I have been having this issue with the pvr addon (tvheadend). If I zapped 3-5 channels the video output would turn black but the sound playing ok. With this build I have been able to zap between 20+ channels without any issue.

Thanks!
(2015-01-11, 20:01)mr.aman Wrote: That fixed it for me at least. I have been having this issue with the pvr addon (tvheadend). If I zapped 3-5 channels the video output would turn black but the sound playing ok. With this build I have been able to zap between 20+ channels without any issue.

Thanks!

What build version is working for you?

It's the same problem I experience with the latest build.
The one posted by Koying, just above my post.
Is there a more permanent fix for this? I want to use kodi but it's BSOD every time I start up something MPEG2 related and playing with the video acceleration every time isn't great.
I've tested the latest isengard rc2 and it's still an issue there or it's re-broke. The test build link is also not working.
It's been fixed since 15alpha2.
Your issue cannot be the same, this was about a black screen, not BSOD (whatever you mean by bsod; it doesn't exist on anything else than windows).
(2015-07-21, 16:40)Koying Wrote: It's been fixed since 15alpha2.
Your issue cannot be the same, this was about a black screen, not BSOD (whatever you mean by bsod; it doesn't exist on anything else than windows).

Yes, it's a black screen problem (was referring to it as black screen of death wrongly) and it was better in the initial 15 builds, but it got substantially worse as of 15RC2 for one reason or another. I have to disable amcodec acceleration for video to show again. This causes a lot of choppy playback though and sometimes when I reenable amcodec video shows up properly until I restart kodi. RC1 seemed to have worked when I was using it... but kodi auto updated to RC2 by the play store and things broke... I'm looking at collecting some logs for this when I get home.
You could always go into Android settings > Apps and uninstall RC2 and then install this last Isengard nightly that will be last one available before the official Isengard release comes out shortly: (no Auto Update with this direct install method)

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/android...bi-v7a.apk

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Since Kodi ALPHA4 AMLCodec Black Screen Video on Minix X82