Lip Sync Issues
I have 13.2 running on Windows 7 with HDMI out to my receiver for audio and video. I have been using this as a HTPC for years but only recently started testing XBMC. I am seeing lip sync issues with video playback, mostly with MKV from bluray. My XBMC is mostly defaults except for pass through audio and match refresh rate to video. I have tested the same file with VLC on the same PC and lip sync is perfect, I manual set the refresh rate to 24 hz but not sure what the audio out was. Does pass through impact lip sync or is there some other setting I need to try?
I have the same problem with a few movies. I use the following code in advancedsettings.xml to adjust the lipsync by 225ms.

Code:
<video>
         <latency>
             <delay>0</delay>        
                 <refresh>
                     <min>23</min>
                     <max>24</max>
                     <delay>225</delay> <!-- set to zero or adjust if audio seems out of sync with 24p movies -->
             </refresh>
         </latency>
     </video>
(2014-11-24, 16:36)baijuxavior Wrote: I have the same problem with a few movies. I use the following code in advancedsettings.xml to adjust the lipsync by 225ms.

Code:
<video>
         <latency>
             <delay>0</delay>        
                 <refresh>
                     <min>23</min>
                     <max>24</max>
                     <delay>225</delay> <!-- set to zero or adjust if audio seems out of sync with 24p movies -->
             </refresh>
         </latency>
     </video>

Thanks I will give that a try, 225ms delay seem about the size of the problem. I tried manually adjusting the lip sync and 250 advance was close but still not exact. So this code will only impact video played at 24hz?
It adjusts lipsync for movies with frame rate between 23-24Hz. Working pretty good for me using Denon AVR.
where is this "advancedsettings.xml" located?
i cant seem to find it.thanks
You should create one manually in the folder C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\xbmc\userdata. http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lip Sync Issues0