new mythtv addon no pin?
ok i got one of my xbmc boxes (xbmcbuntu 14 beta 3) working with the backend. I just went to set up the other box (windows xbmc 14 beta 4) and the addon that i used for the other machine was a cmyth addon. on the new box it just has the new mthtv addon. i cant get it to connect to the backend. when i was reading this it shows that you have to put in a MythTV Security PIN for API services, but my addon is missing that.

any help would be greatly appreciated
(2014-11-24, 16:53)janice Wrote: ok i got one of my xbmc boxes (xbmcbuntu 14 beta 3) working with the backend. I just went to set up the other box (windows xbmc 14 beta 4) and the addon that i used for the other machine was a cmyth addon. on the new box it just has the new mthtv addon. i cant get it to connect to the backend. when i was reading this it shows that you have to put in a MythTV Security PIN for API services, but my addon is missing that.

The MythTV Security Pin for API services in the addon is quite new (and may not be in the xbmcbuntu beta yet) and is only needed if your mythtv backend security pin is not 0000.

Have you checked your mythtv backend for the Security pin it should be set at 0000 by default.

Mike
(2014-11-24, 17:56)MikeB2013 Wrote:
(2014-11-24, 16:53)janice Wrote: ok i got one of my xbmc boxes (xbmcbuntu 14 beta 3) working with the backend. I just went to set up the other box (windows xbmc 14 beta 4) and the addon that i used for the other machine was a cmyth addon. on the new box it just has the new mthtv addon. i cant get it to connect to the backend. when i was reading this it shows that you have to put in a MythTV Security PIN for API services, but my addon is missing that.

The MythTV Security Pin for API services in the addon is quite new (and may not be in the xbmcbuntu beta yet) and is only needed if your mythtv backend security pin is not 0000.

Have you checked your mythtv backend for the Security pin it should be set at 0000 by default.

Mike

yeah but what i'm saying is that on my windows machine, if i go to configure the mythtv addon there isn't a MythTV Security PIN for API services tab to put my pin in,
(2014-11-24, 19:31)janice Wrote:
(2014-11-24, 17:56)MikeB2013 Wrote:

Mike

yeah but what i'm saying is that on my windows machine, if i go to configure the mythtv addon there isn't a MythTV Security PIN for API services tab to put my pin in,

You have options:

1. use mythtv-setup and change the security pin on mythtv backend to 0000 from whatever you are currently using (as I said in my original reply the mythtv addon will use the default of 0000 without it being in the tab).

2. Build addon yourself taking source from https://github.com/janbar/xbmc-pvr-addons

3. Wait until windows xbmc beta 14 gets updated, this may take a while.

Mike
ok i just went back to 13.2 and the cmyth kinda seems to do the same thing. its like it just doesn't start. btw the machine that is working is the one that the backend is on. but i did the ifconfig and checked the ip address and everything. maybe it some stupid setting in the backend i'm missing.

log file
Hi, your backend with ip 10.17.76.22 does not respawn. Is it exist or started ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
new mythtv addon no pin?0