Android Blank screen on first run
I am new to Kodi and my supplier has left me in the lurch with an old alpha version that was supposed to fix my probems, but didn't. He's no longer around, so I thought I'd install the latest Beta, http://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/android...bi-v7a.apk. After installing, I tired to run the app, but it came back with a message saying something about first time it was being run and then left me with a blank screen. Now I am stuck. Could some helpful person please advise me what to do. Although I have worked in IT for years, I know virtually nothing about Android.
Did you leave the blank screen on long enough?

Sometimes after a first run (which also occurs when you clear the cache within the Android app called Kodi) then the blank screen can linger for a minute or more, which is disconcerting when you are waiting for something to happen.

Try again and see if a bit more patience at that stage is not rewarded!

Good luck.
I downloaded a fresh beta and tried again, but still got the blank screen, even after waiting five minutes. Incidentally, how do I find the executable? I thought it was kodi.exe, but I can't find that anywhere.
As a suggestion why don't you download Gotham 13.2 from the Kodi.tv site, instead, and see if that works.

Regarding Helix you may have better luck now the Release Candidate is available.

Also, I would recommend you re-boot your box before doing any of the above. Just remove the power cable, re-insert and turn on again.

My apologies if I am teaching a grandmother to suck eggs.

Good luck.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Blank screen on first run0