Appcrash when using IOS remote app
Using the latest nightly, I'm getting an appcrash when using the IOS remote app. I am running kodi as a shell on windows 7 using an i3 haswell nuc. I've had this problem with other kodi 14 builds also.

debug log
Does the remote app crash or kodi?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Kodi
What exactly do you do on the remote app that makes Kodi crash?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Once it crashed just about immediately after I connected the app. It normally occurs when I'm just navigating. I've had it crash once after starting playback.
Same problem here - navigating using the app crashes Kodi reliably. I´ve experienced this problem on every Kodi Version as well as various Gotham Versions. Can´t tell about the previous versions because I never used a remote app before.
It does not matter if the App is used as a remote control or for browsing directly on the iOS device, after a short time Kodi crashes. The only function that doesn´t crash Kodi is Vol up / down...funny...

At the moment I´m trying to get my hands on an Android device to check if the problem occurs there too.
I can do the same using this extension in chrome.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detai...kpakkebden
Never crashed using gotham, i wish i never updated.
Ever since i did all i had was problems.
Beside the obvious one "Kodi has stopped working" my Razor Sabertooth also moves to the left by itself, and only way to stop it is to disconnect the controller.
Im controlling it using my phone now, and even thou Yatse also is a remote to control it, it hasn't crashed Kodi (yet!), and just my luck since its all i got to control it with.
Looks like this issue stems from the official iOS remote app. I've been using xbmc constellation with no issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Appcrash when using IOS remote app1