Android [Q] Is xbmc/kodi update from gotham to helix possible?
Question 
How does updating from Gotham to Helix work on android (fireTV to be specific) ?

If I have Gotham setup and working fine on FireTV and if I try to install Helix Beta on it, does it automatically move/copy my user data to the new helix install or do I have to set up everything from scratch?

On my Win8 machine it copied the data and the helix installation was into a separate folder and I eventually uninstalled Gotham after making sure that the Helix worked fine. I was wondering if it works the same on android?
the same.
it will auto copy it to the new place. you onlu have to manually uninstall Gotham
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thumbs Up 
(2014-11-24, 22:44)Martijn Wrote: the same.
it will auto copy it to the new place. you onlu have to manually uninstall Gotham

Thank you.

One additional question : On my win8 HTPC I was using "ace" skin with gotham and when I installed helix, it copied the skin as well and it is working fine even though ace skin is not updated for helix yet. Will android version do the same thing? Asking b'cos in a new helix installation the ace skin won't show up in installable addons bt on a upgrade it seems to be working in helix, I would like to keep it in Helix.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Q] Is xbmc/kodi update from gotham to helix possible?0