Error adding media locations on Amazon Fire TV
I am familiar with xbmc so I don't believe the error is a user error.

I have installed the kodi beta 4 on an Amazon Fire TV. Addons download and netflix works, so I know I've got network access. When I go to videos -> add videos and choose smb kodi sees my workgroup, lets me select the workgroup, but when I select the pc inside the workgroup that has my media I get an extremely informative (/sarcasm) error message that says "error".

I tried to add the media through confluence and aeon nox. I power cycled the amazon fire tv, modem/switch, and pc that stores the media. Also, the entire setup uses wired connections.

No dice.

Any ideas?

Thanks either way.

-Scott
Just add the network location manually.

smp://your_network_locaton/your_folder/etc.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks. I'll try that.
No luck with 14 beta 4 or 5, but no problems with 13.2 so I believe it is a bug. I'm going to report.

Thanks anyway.
Same problem. Droid MX box Beta5 connecting to an XP SMB share.
Just installed 14 Beta 5 on my old ass Asus TF300T tablet, and added smb network location just fine. I added it manually. It saw my shares just fine. Maybe a fresh wipe/install? I would do it on my AFTV, but I'm all good on 13.2 right now.
(2014-11-26, 04:37)hi_its_me_scott Wrote: No luck with 14 beta 4 or 5, but no problems with 13.2 so I believe it is a bug. I'm going to report.

Thanks anyway.

Installed Beta 5 on my new Fire TV Stick and adding SMP shares manually worked fine.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Error adding media locations on Amazon Fire TV0