Thumbnails not loading with Path substitution on SMB share
So I tried to change the path of the Thumbnail Folder on the Fire TV with a folder on my PC via SMB share. FIrst a seperate folder from the XBMC installation on the PC then the thumbnail folder of the XBMC version on the PC. The result in both cases was that it either didn't scan media at all or scanned it without any thumbnails or pictures showing up for the scanned items. I did delete the database files before rescanning the content and restart XBMC.
This is my advancedsettings.xml:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <pathsubstitution>
    <substitute>
      <from>special://profile/Thumbnails/</from>
      <to>Andreas:passwort@DARKCLOUD/C/Users/Andreas/AppData/Roaming/XBMC/userdata/Thumbnails/</to>
    </substitute>
  </pathsubstitution>
  <network>
    <buffermode>1</buffermode>
    <cachemembuffersize>0</cachemembuffersize>
    <readbufferfactor>10</readbufferfactor>
  </network>
</advancedsettings>
and that is the log file:
http://nopaste.info/de63656f43.html
I replaced the actual password in both files.
*edited - didn't read post correctly.

I know nothing whatsoever about the thumbnail swap but is it possible that you need to add the mount type at the beginning?

<substitute>
<from>special://profile/Thumbnails/</from>
<to>smb://Andreas:passwort@DARKCLOUD/C/Users/Andreas/AppData/Roaming/XBMC/userdata/Thumbnails/</to>
</substitute>
It seems to work now in theory. It displays some artwork but most of the time it doesn't maybe I should try again after it is done scanning because the network usage might be a bit high at the moment. Or is it a problem that it uses the thumbnail cache of a different XBMC installation?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Thumbnails not loading with Path substitution on SMB share0