Working with readonly database
I have my database on a NAS on my home network. I have Kodi running on my laptop that has read/write access - that's the machine from which I update things. I have a raspberry pi connected to my TV ... that has a readonly connection to the mysql database so that people using the TV can't go deleting things...

I notice that it is slow and that's when I saw these errors:

21:56:00 T:2859463744 ERROR: AddCachedTexture failed on url 'smb://myserver/Movies/Love Actually (2003)/poster.jpg'
21:56:00 T:2894545984 ERROR: SQL: The database disk image is malformed
Query: INSERT INTO texture (id, url, cachedurl, imagehash, lasthashcheck) VALUES(NULL, 'smb://myserver/Movies/Lost in Translation (2003)/fanart.jpg', '0/06725492.jpg', 'd1392541725s652560', '2014-11-24 21:56:00')
21:56:00 T:2894545984 ERROR: AddCachedTexture failed on url 'smb://myserver/Movies/Lost in Translation (2003)/fanart.jpg'
21:56:01 T:2787112000 ERROR: SQL: The database disk image is malformed

Log file: http://pastebin.com/zadS3Bdc

- Why does it want to insert things?
- Can I make this work on a read only connection?
I am not sure.

But are you sure it is actually using the MySQL database? Early in your log there are a whole lot of MySQL errors involving "database gone away" and so on. Has it completely given up and is accessing a local dB?

The other possibility to my mind is it is updating the "last accessed time" in the database?

REally on both counts I am guessing though.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Actually looking into this further, this has nothing to do with MySql.

Textures, ie fanart etc are all stored locally in your TexturesNN.db (where NN depends on version) in userdata/Database. The error message is from trying to store the fanart etc in the local database, which is corrupt for some reason.

To test my theory, stop XBMC, rename the TexturesNN.db and restart XBMC. See if the error is reproduced.

Also you could look into the texture cache maintance utility. http://kodi.wiki/view/Texture_cache_maintenance_utility
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Ah, in that case, that's entirely possible as it's running on a pi, and sometimes that loses power... that could explain the issue. I'll delete it and see what happens.

Thanks for the pointers... will see if that works.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Working with readonly database0