Linux XBMC Launch Failure
Hi all,
I just put a fresh install of Lubuntu 14.04.1 LTS on a fairly old Dell Latitude laptop and I installed XBMC( 12.1 I think) from the Lubuntu software center. On attempting to run XBMC, it would get to the logo screen and then crash, and a popup would appear saying that lubuntu experienced an internal error, blah blah blah. I wondered if maybe I was using a dated version of XBMC so I googled around and discovered I was using a dated version. I removed it and manually installed the latest stable release, 13.2 Gotham thinking that would solve the problem, but alas it still crashes at the logo screen. I did some more looking and found that some people were able to get around this problem until it was fixed by disconnecting from the internet while starting XBMC and then reconnecting when it had finished loading. I tried this but it still didn't work. Any ideas or suggestions?

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Linuxgeek97

P.S. If you need more computer specs, let me know!
XBMC creates a log at ~/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log

Post that log to pastebin.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Here's the crash log:

mod edit: please don't post logs on the forum, use pastebin!

Linuxgeek97
This is not pastebin, but never mind those aren't too damn long.

I suspect your graphics chipset is not good enough to run xbmc, or you don't have the right drivers.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Ok, thanks! Do you think there is anything else I can possibly try to make it work, or is this probably just a lost cause? BTW, sorry about not putting the logs in a pastebin, I didn't know that was different than the text box!

Thanks again,
Linuxgeek97

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Launch Failure0