Win Random crashes, slow start
I'm currently still struggling with the slow startup issue that at least one other using is having, but on top of that, ever since the update to Helix alpha's (now beta 5), I'm experiencing random crashes all the time.

Most often it occurs after completing a show/movie and I jump back a menu (say to the main TV show library menu), the poster will remain the default icon for a missing poster. I know the next item I select, Kodi will hard lock.

Anyways, today I was TeamViewing in just to try and replicate that exact same error (I was only TeamViewing because the TV was in use watching cable, that's not how I regularly view Kodi) but I was unsuccessful. But I did come across another crash, and by crash I mean Kodi just freezes and will not respond. I have to task manager close it at that point.

Sorry for the length of the debug log, but I was just messing around trying to get Kodi to crash.
Code:
#
17:50:00 T:3844   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
#
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
#
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.RuntimeError'>
#
                                            Error Contents: access_violation
#
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
#
                                              File "C:\Users\xbmc\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.library.data.provider\service.py", line 170, in onPlayBackEnded
#
                                                self.onPlayBackStopped()
#
&
Code:
17:50:01 T:740   DEBUG: DatabaseUtils::GetSortFieldList: unknown field 25

I've noticed some errors with service.library.data.provider in previous logs as well (see the full debug in the post above). Could this be the issue?
are any of these things related? anyone... bueller?
If it's crashing or freezing I don't think any of that is relevant as it happens long before the log ends. Need a backtrace for that.
not sure how to proceed..... what are you asking for?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Random crashes, slow start0