Android 5.1 audio probs on Minix X8-H Plus
Hello Experts,

I just bought the new Minix X8-H Plus to substitute my previous Xtreamer mediaplayer.

The problem is that on XBMC Gotham I can't get the 5.1 output from audio.
As on my previous mediaplayer I linked it to my 5.1 stereo via optical sPDIF, but I can only get stereo output (2 channels), even on 5.1 movies.

What should I do?
Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot
Enrico
You'd probably have more chances to get a proper response on the Minix forum...
OK: thanks a lot; I'm trying to.
Fomr some ansewr I'm receiving it looks like it's a XBMC limit...
Possible?!
are you not getting 5.1 channels of audio, or is the problem just that you can only set "2 channels" in the XBMC settings? The settings will say "2 channels" because it's not referring to the number of speakers. This is normal. However, you should still get 5.1 channels of audio.
(2014-11-28, 02:11)Ned Scott Wrote: are you not getting 5.1 channels of audio, or is the problem just that you can only set "2 channels" in the XBMC settings? The settings will say "2 channels" because it's not referring to the number of speakers. This is normal. However, you should still get 5.1 channels of audio.

Thanks for answering.

When I play 5.1 movies on sPDIF cable I need to set sPDIF passtrought from my Minix settings (otherwise no signal is outputted on the optical cable).
Then on XBMC I do see "2 channels" (not selectable flag), and I know it's correct.
I even tried setting PCM output from Minix settings, but then nothing arrives to the optical cable.

I'm believing it's not a matter of XBMC, but of Minix.
Take a look at this:

http://www.minixforum.com/threads/minix-...sing.1299/
Thanks... I'm reading.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
5.1 audio probs on Minix X8-H Plus0