DroidTV Mx black screen only audio.
So here are the details.

DroidTV MX box running the HD18 v2.22 board
1.6Ghz Amlogic Cortex A9 (Amlogic 8726MX SoC)
Android 4.2.2
Kernel v3.0.50 ubuntu@ubuntu-desktop#3
Build JDQ39.20140124

I have been using an older XBMC build on it for months without issue.

I wanted to try out Kodi so I updated my firmware and installed a nightly. Any video I tried to play just gave me a black screen with audio.

I turned off ARM HW acceleration, but the playback is choppy so not a fix really.

I tried Gotham 13.2 and had the same issue.

I have rolled back to XBMC build 20130522 and it works as it did before (without issue) Even an 8gb mkv 1080p DTS 5.1 video over the network is as smooth as butter.

What do I do to get Kodi working?
The issue is probably the upgraded firmware. Certain amlogic devices have bad firmware floating around that don't set certain permissions correctly on certain files that are needed for hardware video decoding, hence the black screen. Some older XBMC builds used to try to manually correct this by changing the settings on those files upon opening up XBMC, but that's since been removed as it was considered a hacky way to fix it and it should really be fixed at the firmware level. (I think).
I also have same issue
can you give me this version XBMC build 20130522 link support for android box
I want downlaod
Oh wait, this is because of a funny issue with us changing our name, I think. Koying mentioned it the other day about how "XBMC" was whitelisted by name, but "Kodi" wasn't. A fix should be in the nightly builds (wiki).
Indeed, but that shouldn't affect Gotham. Strange...
(2014-11-27, 07:23)mvdig Wrote: I also have same issue
can you give me this version XBMC build 20130522 link support for android box
I want downlaod

http://forum.androidgadget.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=29
First post, last hyperlink.
(2014-11-27, 09:20)Koying Wrote: Indeed, but that shouldn't affect Gotham. Strange...

Yep good point. I am going to look into firmware side. If anyone has suggestions on what firmware to use I am open to ideas. Thanks guys.
try other sw, gbox ones
or acemax software
acemaxtec

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DroidTV Mx black screen only audio.0