lower menu bar
i'm running kodi beta4 on windows setup, was wondering how would you lower the menu bar? right now it's almost 1/2 way up the screen....would like to lower it near the bottom. havn't been able to find any info anywhere on this. thx for any help on this.
There is no individual setting for this. You'd basically just use another skin. If you like the look of the default skin, Confluence, then check out the modified versions: http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=125
thanks for the reply, the reason I ask is because on gotham there was some setting you had to change in the "Home" folder of xbmc I believe. and by changing a certain number it would lower the menu bar. I had did it in gotham with the default skin and it worked...
I think you were modifying the skin you were using.
ya it was the default Confluence skin that you could of changed the menu bar location on....
Finally found out how to do this....for anyone else interested in lowering menu bar, just edit the 400 posy # to 585 in Home.xml file. look for this piece of code to edit #.....

<control type="group">
<posy>400</posy>
<animation type="WindowOpen" reversible="false">
<effect type="zoom" start="80" end="100" center="640,360" easing="out" tween="back" time="300" />
<effect type="fade" start="0" end="100" time="300" />
</animation>
<animation type="WindowClose" reversible="false">
<effect type="zoom" start="100" end="80" center="640,360" easing="in" tween="back" time="300" />
<effect type="fade" start="100" end="0" time="300" />
</animation>
<control type="group" id="9001">
I still believe this is a skin modding issue, so your instructions are only applicable to somebody using that particular skin. This information should probably be posted in the help section of the skin you're using. If you modified a file inside the addons/<skin name>/720p folder, you modified the skin, not XBMC.
last time I checked this is the "Help section" for skins.... and like I said in post #5 this mod is for the "confluence skin".... just trying to help man.
I didn't see you trying to add any info on how to do this...... :/ cheers.
I dont care if this is the help section for xmbc or skin,
sombody asked and got help from a user

and i was looking for this info too.

hope this still works on 15.2 Insegard Confluence skin, but i think they don't chenged the xml's

I give it a try later :-)

thanks to the user strike

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
lower menu bar0