Updating reccently added movies list
Hi there, I have 3 xbmc instances, one of them is headless. this instance is notified when new stuff is added to the library and runs an update and add a movie or tv show to the library (mysql). Now the other two XBMCs are just sitting there waiting on the home screen that is out of date. Is there anyway I can refresh the recently added list for a given xbmc? that i am missing. currently my thinking is make a JSON call to refresh the home screen if the player isn't playing a movie.

any other clever ideas?
Normally entering the movies or tvshows library then returning to the Home menu will trigger the Recently Added widgets to update... you could do this with JSON. Bit clunky though, and could be a PITA if someone is watching a video (checking the player status may help avoid that).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-11-28, 04:52)Milhouse Wrote: Normally entering the movies or tvshows library then returning to the Home menu will trigger the Recently Added widgets to update... you could do this with JSON. Bit clunky though, and could be a PITA if someone is watching a video (checking the player status may help avoid that).

Yes my plan is to use the GUI.ActivateWindow () if we are sitting in the home screen and not playing anything. It is clunky, too bad there is no other clean way to do this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updating reccently added movies list0