Is there an XBMC recorder (PVR) plug-in?
I would like to use my XBMC on a RASPBMC Pi to act as a PVR to record TV shows if possible.
As far as I can understand this is not built into the base XBMC, but I hope there is an add-on which can implement it.
What is needed is:
- A way to integrate an EPG with XBMC
- A way to set timers from the EPG or time based
- A way to specify where the recordings should be saved, local or networked storage.
- A way to make the recorder start a stream from the selected source at record time
The recording itself is probably possible using ffmpeg, but I don't know how.

Is there a function like this in XBMC?
Bo Berglund
Sweden
Try looking for LiveTV option in kodi. I think it is what you are looking for.
You need to read PVR (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
OK, thanks.
I was thinking about recording streaming video on line. Here in Sweden some channels broadcast the same stuff in real time on the Internet as they do over the air.
So using a TV receiver is not what I thought about, just pulling the stuff off of the Internet in real time....
Bo Berglund
Sweden
You can watch online streams with the IPTV Client.
But I'm not sure, that you can record these streams.
(2014-11-30, 01:23)Bosse_B Wrote: OK, thanks.
I was thinking about recording streaming video on line. Here in Sweden some channels broadcast the same stuff in real time on the Internet as they do over the air.
So using a TV receiver is not what I thought about, just pulling the stuff off of the Internet in real time....

That is quite easy on a pc with Windows on it.
Mythtv can record iptv streams.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Does MythTV run on Raspberry Pi?
(I guess it is OT here...)
Bo Berglund
Sweden
More relevant perhaps than the post about a windows PC Wink

TVHeadend is well supported on Pi and also does IPTV.
Thanks,
I found this KODI page about TVHeadend and it describes that it can be used with XBMC/Kodi. Smile
So I will follow that path and see if I can make it work.

Btw,
I see a lot of mention about overclocking the Pi for better performance (I guess it will help the PVR thing too). Unfortunately I have no idea how if any my Pi is overclocked.
Where do I find this? (Using raspbmc).
Bo Berglund
Sweden
In RaspBMC there is a "System configuration" Setting, named System performance profile.
There you can change overclocking.

Or ssh into your box. There is a config.txt in the root, where you can add the same settings.

Advice: Dont try the fastet settings at once, make small steps upward.
Backend: Asrock N3150 with Ubuntu 22.04 Server with TvHeadend 
Living Room: Nvidia Shield with Kodi
Other Kodi Clients: Coreelec, Mibox, Windows

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there an XBMC recorder (PVR) plug-in?0