Linux Scraping 1800 tv shows
Hi! I have about 1800 different TV-Shows on my seedbox and I want to scrape the data for all of them. I've tried using the TheTVDB one but it has been about 24 hours and it is only at the ~200th series.
What can\should I do?
Wait 9 more days?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-11-29, 23:33)nickr Wrote: Wait 9 more days?

Is there any option to multithread the scraping feature?
Nope
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I suspect your problem lies in either using a weak computer to scrape (rpi is slow at this). Or in the fact that you are connected over a relatively slow internet connection.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-11-29, 23:49)nickr Wrote: I suspect your problem lies in either using a weak computer to scrape (rpi is slow at this). Or in the fact that you are connected over a relatively slow internet connection.

Having i5 4870 and 16gb ram, 7200rpm hdd, 15mb/s internet connection.
What else can I do?
Wait
Tvdb is dead slow
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-11-30, 00:02)Martijn Wrote: Wait
Tvdb is dead slow

Do you know of any faster services?
1800- what's your storage like? I'm running out of physical space in the box and trying to upgrade to 4-TB drives- sorry not to hijack

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraping 1800 tv shows0