Video and audio issues (related?)
I switched up to Gotham last weekend after hosing my previous installation, and everything seemed fine until this weekend. I've got 2 separate but possibly related issues:

1. A movie I ripped to mp4 just won't play like the rest of them. Every couple of seconds, it slows down, then stops and buffers. Just this movie, and I ripped it the same way I rip all my other movies which work perfectly. I've made several attempts at resolving using advancedsettings (10mb buffer, 500mb buffer, no buffer) and it doesn't appear to make any difference. The movie plays as normal in VLC. Pausing for about 5 minutes had no effect either.

Looking at the log file, I see lots of "Timeout while waiting for buffer file" messages around the time I'm playing the movie, which advancedsettings should be able to get around, but also, I suspect that since I'm having no issue with other movies, it's not actually XBMC related?

2. A couple of tvshows I've ripped to avi (a while ago) have stuttering audio throughout, although video appears to continue fine. Again, shows I ripped at the same time and in the same way, no problem and these episodes show no problems in VLC.

I'm at a loss at what I should be doing, trying or testing. XBMC is installed on a HP Pavilion laptop running Win 8.1 with latest updates. It streams movies and shows from a NAS (Synology DS415Play) connected through a homeplug, but like I said, a good 99% of everything works great, just these few annoying glitches
Post a debug log (wiki) after playing the media files in question
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
Tks for that link. Unfortunately, I turned it on this morning and tried to recreate my issue and can't get either the movie or the tv show to behave like they were last night. Turned debugging back off and both continue to work fine, so not much point in continuing this thread for now. I'll bump it in future if it happens again

Tks again

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video and audio issues (related?)0