Non XBMC UPNP sources support
Hi,

I have installed BubbleUPNP on two different android devices and they both can see my MythTV UPNP provider and stream videos from my recordings on my MythTV UPNP server. I was hoping to be able to add a UPNP source on my XBMC server (I have both 13.2 and 14 beta 5 on difference servers within same network - same result).

Does XBMC explicitly ignore non xbmc upnp sources, or is there something about the mythtv upnp source that is non standard and thus xbmc is ignoring it. I am wondering why BubbleUPNP sees them though. Since I can see the UPNP outside of my mythtv box I am assuming its not necessarily a MythTV issue.

I know I can use a PVR for Mythtv - which I already use (the janbar) one, but I really like the idea of simplifying my Son's XBMC (he is 4 years old), to just the recording.

Any advice or threads I have not managed to find via search will be gratefully accepted

Ok so an update - I can see the BubbleUPNP server on my tablet from my XBMC server. So I guess XBMC is not filtering non xbmc upnp sites. Any advice on how I would go about debugging what is different about my mythtv box upnp setup, that xbmc cannot see it, but BubbleUPNP can.

I also have an XBMC server on the same box as Mythtv with UPNP enabled, thinking perhaps thats a problem. upnp-inspector also cannot see my mythtv upnp server.
So after a restart of my MythTV server I can see both the XBMC and MythTV UPNP servers in upnp-inspector.

However they still do not appear in xbmc / kodi (13.2 and 14beta5)

I turned off UPNP on the XBMC server on the same machine and upnp-inspector seems to reliably find it now. But XBMC still does not. I enabled debug output in xbmc and tried again, and still nothing.

I guess this is not meant to work?

I am still debugging but any further pointers would be helpful
I installed beta 5 on Samsung tab 4 and same issue can't see mythtv. Even though on same tablet bubbleupnp has no issues.

Help me please getting very frustrating
Might be a mythtv specific issue. I posted to mythtv forum in case, and will test a fix tonight.

https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=509

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Non XBMC UPNP sources support0