path not found or invalid ubuntu
Hi I am fairly new to xbmc and very new to Ubuntu. I recently installed both - Ubuntu 14.04 and Gotham 13.2. I Can get my music to play from my internal harddrive but when I restart the computer I get the message - path not found or invalid. If I go back in and give it the same path to the source all is well but I have to do that every time I start the computer. I have enabled sharing on the two folders I have the music in. I am only using this pc as a music server. Any help would be much appreciated!
Does the path stay the same everytime? or does the hard drive get mounted to a different path?

Sharing won't matter if the content is local.
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
Hi - The path is the same every time. When the sharing is not activated on the folders that all the music is in I can't connect to them at all! It does seem strange seeing as the hard drive is internal!
Irusak - in frustration I switched operating systems to xbmcbuntu Gotham 13 and I'm still having the same problem!! Any thoughts?
Thoughts?

What is the contents of sources.xml.

Post a debug log (wiki) to pastebin.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I'm guessing that the internal harddrive is not mounted automatically on boot. post the output of
mount -l
when you get the error and again when it works.
Hi sorry but I'm not sure how to post "mount - ". Is that a 1 or An i or an L after the dash? However you seem to be right the drive is not mounting automatically. As soon as I mount it everything works. Unfortunately even after reading some advice on the subject I am not sure how to get it to auto mount?
this is very good tool for you, it sets up boot files in all partitions https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Boot-Repair
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Automa...Partitions

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
path not found or invalid ubuntu0