Turn off screen saver after waking up from standby/hibernation
Firstly, I don't know if this issue applies to other platforms, I only use windows.

Anyway, my living room XBMC box is set to hibernate after 30mins in an effort to save power. It's a 3770K based HTPC, so I think you can see WHY I don't want it spinning 24/7 if there's no need. The screen saver kicks in after 5mins, and another 25mins it goes into hibernation. When I wake it, it wakes up with the screen saver still running. Is it possible to have XBMC detect that the machine has just awoken and to turn off the screen saver as if some form of input has just been made?
Are we talking about XBMC/Kodi screensaver or Windows screensaver?
You could use eventghost to send some kind of input to xbmc on resume, or even make xbmc go to the home screen.
if its about the kodi screensaver, then I fully agree. Its annoying having to first wake up the htpc, then press again to disable the screensaver.
(2014-11-30, 08:55)Ned Scott Wrote: Are we talking about XBMC/Kodi screensaver or Windows screensaver?

I'm sorry, I should have been clear, I totally mean the XBMC/Kodi internal screensaver and NOT the Windows OS screen saver. AFAIK the Windows OS screensaver does not generate this behavior (Though my OS doesn't have any such screensaver enabled)
from a quick test, this seems to work for me on linux: https://github.com/wsnipex/xbmc/commit/f...d3d8815fff
I'm glad my idea generated some interest, now I'm just wondering why I'm the first person who suggested it. Smile

Also, an alternative route may be not to detect that the OS is waking up, but that it's going to sleep. If the screen saver is disabled upon sleep, it won't be active during wakeup anyway. I'm saying that because since timed sleep/hibernation is initiated by Kodi itself, it could just turn off the screensaver at the same time. Hmm, does pressing the remote sleep button cause the screen saver to turn off as well? I should check.
I'd like to make an addition to this. It seems that Kodi, if set to run a library update on startup, will also run a library update when waking from sleep or hibernation. If this is so, that means Kodi detects it's awakened and perform a task upon doing so, so shouldn't making it end the screensaver when waking also be doable? Kodi is already detecting it's wakeup afterall.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Turn off screen saver after waking up from standby/hibernation0