Upside down picture
Hi,

Is there a way to display menus and films upside down in my screen?
Config, video/audio player:
3T HDD <USB> Odroid N2+ / CoreElec <HDMI> Denon AVR-2313 <HDMI> LG TV 55UF860V
                                          <nfs wired> Linksys WRT32X router <USB> 4T HDD
Can you explain why?

(but the answer will be not without editing the code and rebuilding)
I want to hang a monitor on the ceilling (upside down) and have the picture the good position.
I use Openlec on Raspberry Pi.
I had a look in the monitor menu but there is no option for that.
I know with linux the driver allows to do that.
You can get tv brackets that hang from the ceiling, and have the tv the right way up. The fit to the vesa mounting holes on the back of the tv. Most monitors have the same vesa mounting holes.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Also your complete tv internal menus would be upside down aswell - i also would try hard to get it hung with correct orientation - everything else would look strange on the one or the other place imo.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks nickr and Memphiz for your clever answers.

Just another question:
Could you tell me why in the Linux driver there is option, with 2 clicks, to rotate image 90 degres right, 90 degres left and upside down?
(2014-12-01, 17:11)MrNice Wrote: Could you tell me why in the Linux driver there is option, with 2 clicks, to rotate image 90 degres right, 90 degres left and upside down?

Linux config options will only affect the console not xbmc.

If you really want to try, then add to config.txt:
display_rotate=2

but this is unsupported, so if there are issues you are on your own.
Mounting the TV the right way round seems like the correct solution to this issue.
(2014-12-01, 17:30)popcornmix Wrote: If you really want to try, then add to config.txt:
display_rotate=2

As I previousely wrote, I run Openelec in my Raspberry Pi.
Is the above config.txt change for Raspberry Pi as well?
(2014-12-01, 22:33)MrNice Wrote: As I previousely wrote, I run Openelec in my Raspberry Pi.
Is the above config.txt change for Raspberry Pi as well?

Yes.
Why don't you even consider to mount it with correct orientation? I mean just because this is an open source project doesn't mean we add any option a user might come up with - we try to maintain sane use cases - yours seems to be fixable without software adaptions.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
X drivers can change orientation, but as I understand it XBMC on RPi doesn't use X. Thats probably why you don't see the option like you would in normal linux, or windows.

but yeah i agree with Memphiz!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
For your information.

I tried upside down as mentioned above by popcornmix.
mkv, mp4, avi, flv, wmv files are playing fine.

This need to be confirmed in a longer test but looks good.
In some cases, maybe an easier solution than the hardware change.

Some people here are sceptical about popcornmix ability. Wink
(2014-12-05, 13:45)MrNice Wrote: Some people here are sceptical about popcornmix ability. Wink

Hu? Tell me who it is and i will take care of it ... Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upside down picture0