No DD 5.1 or DTS sounds
Hi!

I just installed W 8.1 to my intel nuc d54250wyk.

Intel NUC is connected to my Denon AVR-2113 with hdmi.

I've updated NUC bios & Windows 8 drivers.

Windows 8 sees my Denon and I've configured it 5.1 sounds and Wind 8 tells me that it accepts DD & DTS sounds. Also Win 8 sound test is playing sound from my every 5.1 speakers.

However when trying to any movie or tv-serie (which are DD (ac3) or DTS sounds sound is only stereo (or actually my Denon plays multi channell in which is not actually DTS or DD).

In my XBMC setting there is passthrough on & DD & DTS cabable on. At this point I really don't know where I am trying to find solution? XBMC sees 4 different devices for sound:

Direct Sound 2-way Denon.....
Direct Sound
Wasapi 2-way denon....
Wasapi Direct sound

I do not know what are differencies tih those? I've tested them all without success. Plz help. Btw. everything worked fine with openelec but I'd like to configure my NUC also with some games to my kid which is easier in Win platform.

Just found more information from here forum so I look this more tomorrow and edit this post if need more help.

edit: problem solved
The WASAPI Denon is the most likely you should be using.

If not working using this then please post a link to a debug_log (wiki) if you playing something and a screenshot of your audio settings.
how did you solve the problem.......?
Uuh... sorry...

Basicly I removed Realtek Audio drivers - all the other settings were like mentioned in FAQ (here forum).

Output: Wasapi:default

but it seems that Output settings have to be: optimized

Enable passthroug and tick on AC3 and so on...

I think only major change was that "optimized".

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No DD 5.1 or DTS sounds0