video crash after Helix upgrade - log included
Hi,

Been awhile since I posted here....which means nothing has gone wrong for awhile too! Smile Except lately. Just upgraded to Helix RC1 on my ATV2, and I just tried to play a video from my library (which, admittedly, I have not tried to play in a good long while), and it crashed. Other files play normally. However, I can play the file without any problem on my Macbook using just about any video player software, so I figured I'd bring it to your attention and ask if it's something I can resolve somehow on my ATV2, or whether it's a Helix-related issue.

Here's the log:
http://pastebin.com/fAHfqYVY

And here's what MediaInfo has to say about the file in question:
http://pastebin.com/r5YdJaih

Any ideas here? And by the way thanks to the hardworking Kodi developers...I love the new Kodi "branding", and I know it's been a lot of work getting Helix to where it is now.
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
1. You really should have read this forum a bit before upgrading
2. No crash report so i can't say for sure if it is caused by 3.
3. ATV2 with HD content is getting worse and worse because on 2 things i suppose. a. generic changes by non-ios devs may change the overall RAM usage, b. Apple pushes more and more apps to ATV2 which also reduces usable amount of ram. c. the sum of this results in lowmemory crashes for the ATV2 lately which i am not able to solve because of lack of time (and the fact that the ATV2 is the worst platform to work on when it comes to finding memory issues).

Well i still use atv2 (with latest kodi beta) on a daily basis for hours - but i only use it for watching livetv (SD) which still works good for me.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
video crash after Helix upgrade - log included0