Android MK808B Plus Review
Tried an alpha of spmc that koying posted over at an issue page of spmc
heres the link incase if anyone else has the same issue that I had
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/andr...bi-v7a.apk

Now able to enjoy spmc / kodi properly Big Grin

Thanks wrxtasy for your help and advice
My 808B+ arrived Smile

Problems though Sad

I am using a USB adapter. I chose this one http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-supp...post402659 specifically for the sake of it being reported working in that freaktab thread, as well as the 109k4 firmware thread where "Geekbuying_Rep" stated they sent the same adapter to Huh whoever releases firmware, lol. http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-supp...an-support

Mine arrived with 109k4 (nice) but the adapter doesn't work worth a crap. Lan tests get about 8Mbps

I loaded SPMC, and put an advanced setting to cache everything [1] which fills and plays that much of the video perfectly, then pauses to cache again. Without the cache it can only play some low quality SD video. All this is obviously network related, and I'm obviously going to have to pick something other than stock 109k4 to fix it. I was just trying desperately in hope that SPMC avoided the firmware issue (that was dumb)

Anyway, I'm not sure if anyone else is having usb ethernet issues here. I'm primarily concerned with other Kodi user experiences, so I didn't want to go into explaining why I'm using usb ethernet to begin with over at the freaktab forums. I want to retain android, but I will probably switch to the OE port if neither finless nor CM fix the issue. I was truly surprised the official firmware didn't support the adapter that the guy said would be well supported and seemed to work for the couple people who used it over there Sad

Wireless N could be enough if it were dual band and decently performing. Unfortunately wifi on the MK808B+ is neither of those, and I'm mostly interested in high bitrate stuff. Off to try other firmware
I was also bummed that HDMI-CEC doesn't work, though that's what others had already said. Some say it works with a different cable, not sure if I even want to bother trying that
Can anyone else comment on current wifi throughput being enough to decode 1080 mpeg streams?

Also, what are people using for a remote with this?

I want to buy one of these but that will kill it for me.
The internal wifi is not even close to being enough for most 1080 mpeg2 streams. You'd need an external USB wifi or ethernet connection.
I purchased a stick to fool around with. It works pretty well for a $30. However, I was wondering if anyone else has a similar problem while using android.

I'm using the cynanogen 11 wetekgift android rom, since that one seems to work the smoothest overall.

The problem I'm experiencing is that when I'm using kodi, and I have "amcodec" enabled under "acceleration" menu, whenever I pause a show, the video can't be unpaused, yet sound is still working in the background. I have to either forward or rewind the video, for the video to start again.

A second problem I notice is that when I push 'o', while watching e.g. a mpeg2-ts video, a large amount frames are either skipped or dropped, but based on the eye-test, that doesn't seem to be right. My eyes can't detect any skipping at all.

Anyone else having similar problems? I tried openelec briefly and it seems to run smoothly, but I need some of android functions/programs. Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MK808B Plus Review1