Kodi RC1 LiveTV refresh rate
Hi.

I've installed Kodi TV RC1 yesterday on my windows 7x64 client. My desktop rehresh rate is 60hz. I've noticed, that Kodi doesn't change refresh rate when playing pvr LiveTV stream. Everything else (movies,videos etc) changing RR correctly (24hz, 50hz) But LiveTV stream doesn't. Tried disabling DXVA, running Kodi in fake window - no luck. Also tried to override settings in advancedsettings.xml.
I need to keep desktop's 60hz refresh rate but all my TV channels are 25/50 fps - PAL streams.

Thanks for any help.
I'm having the same issue on Ubuntu 14.04 on everything, not only live tv. It used to work on Gotham (sort of), and I think it worked on Helix Beta 1. I have used the other betas as well, but I'm not sure when it stopped working.

I've tested with both TVHeadend, MythTV and various video files. I have tried with the setting "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" set to Always or Only on start/stop, but Kodi never changes the refresh rate.
Unable to reproduce, you'll have to post debug logs.
there is an option "a/v sync method" which should do the trick under video settings
Hi.

I've tried everything - nothing works. Refresh rate doesn't change on LiveTV stream. Here is my debug log:

http://pastebin.com/t93kqybT

Hope it will help.
The same problem is present in all my 3 clients - all are on Windows 7x64.

Right now i'm using Gotham 13.2 without any problems - refresh rate changer kicks in on LiveTV streams.

Regards
@mactor can you file a bug report on trac.kodi.tv? add me as CC.

@Gnazzer: your issue is probably unrelated, can you also post a debug log?
Here's my log:
http://pastebin.com/WPiGifcd

Here's what I did:
1. Started Kodi
2. Selected TV
3. Selected channel BBC World News (this is a PAL channel at 50 Hz)
4. Checked refresh rate on TV: 60 Hz
You can't use Unity if you want to be able to switch refresh rates.
Thanks, @negge!

I played around with different window managers tonight and got it working. If anyone else is interested, I ended up with lubuntu/lxde. I also tried gnome-fallback-session with Metacity (refresh rate switching did not work) and xubuntu (tearing during playback).

I sure I had it working on 13.2 running on Unity, though. It was kind of buggy - sometimes it did not switch the refresh rate and I had to try again.
I use Lubuntu myself, it's very good for a HTPC. Glad you got it working!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi RC1 LiveTV refresh rate0