Updated to Helix RC1, UPnP and Yatse no longer work
I had been running the latest build of Gotham, everything worked fine. I updated to Kodi Helix RC1 and did not change any settings in XBMC/Kodi or my router. After the update Yatse could not connect. At first it would not see it at all. Then I installed Bonjour and enabled the zeroconf option and it showed up in the list of XBMC/Kodi servers, but would still not connect. It would have the proper IP and port in the server list, but wouldn't prompt for a password when adding as a server and would fail at trying to connect.

In addition, the UPnP server no longer appears to be working. I have a Raspberry Pi running OpenElec in another room that previously had no problem running as a UPnP client for watching media off of my primary system. Now I no longer see my Kodi library when browsing UPnP devices. Even my other Windows PC no longer has it showing as a UPnP device on the network.

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit. Any ideas on what I need to do to get things working again?
Just wanted to update that I got it figured out. It ended up being a problem with the Windows firewall. For whatever reason, it worked perfectly when I was running XBMC, but by switching to Kodi, Windows decided to block incoming connections to Kodi by default. Going into the firewall settings and granting access fixed it.
Maybe you didn't open the port but the application.
With the name change windows probably didn't recognize the update as an update but as a different program.
Could happen to a lot of other people including me, so thank you for the update.
Maybe should be added somewhere to the FAQ / Installation Notes.
(2014-12-02, 11:27)hhman Wrote: With the name change windows probably didn't recognize the update as an update but as a different program.

Pretty certain this is exactly what it was. What's odd is that when I first ran Kodi, Windows didn't bother to ask if I'd like to allow its traffic. It just defaulted to blocking it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updated to Helix RC1, UPnP and Yatse no longer work0