Moving from Openelec to XBMC/Windows for Bluray and Netflix?
Hi folks,

I have a Zotac zbox id80 which I've been using as a media center with OpenElec for quite some time.

My wife wanted to get a blu ray player and to use netflix, so we bought a sony blu-ray player which is really awful - I'm sending it back tomorrow Smile

Now I'm toying with the idea of throwing this zbox into a mini-itx case, adding a blu-ray drive and putting windows with xbmc on it instead.

Are there any issues with netflix and blu-ray disc (not ripped) playback on xbmc?

This machine has atom cpu, 4gb of ram, nvidia 520m gpu and a 60gb ssd. All my media is on a synology NAS.

It had no issues with 1080p playback and ripped blu-ray playback under linux and openelec, but there's no netflix for openelec, and they're always lagging behind the main xbmc release.

Thanks!
(2014-12-01, 23:30)crótach Wrote: It had no issues with 1080p playback and ripped blu-ray playback under linux and openelec, but there's no netflix for openelec, and they're always lagging behind the main xbmc release.

That's not a valid complaint against openelec.
They are *very* bleeding edge. They often pull in changes before they are accepted into mainline xbmc and often update kernels and libraries before other distributions.

There are stable, beta and nightly images available. Perhaps you should investigate these if you feel your install is out of date.

Openelec is unlikely to ever support netflix (due to netflix, not openelec).
Ok, this was only my impression, but apparently I'm wrong.

Still, I'm considering moving to Windows for Netflix.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Moving from Openelec to XBMC/Windows for Bluray and Netflix?0