Linux Harmony remote not working after update/install - XBMCBunutu
Long story short, I'm stuck on Ubuntu 12.10, I didn't want to do a clean install because of all the custom configurations I've done. I tried some things to get the OS up to 14.04, but I've had no luck. I seem to have reinstalled 12.10 though and it's broken my Harmony One remote, I've been trying to fix it for a few hours now and I've had no luck. If anyone could provide some help I'd greatly appreciate it.

I have a Zotac Mag running 13.1
Harmony One Remote
HP Media Center USB Dongle

The remote can do a few simple commands Left, Right, Up, Down, but the button to select menu items isn't working, or any other physical buttons, nor are any of the touch screen buttons

This leads me to believe that it could be a keymap issue. I had previously backed up my keymap.xml file and uploaded that to /userdata/, rebooted a thousand times with no luck.

I've been searching the forums and Google trying to find a resolution, but I've gotten no where. I have a few lird.conf files backed up as well.

I notice that if I type lircd at the command line I get the following error:
lircd: can't open or create /var/run/lirc/lircd.pid
lircd: No such file or directory

I created that directory and rebooted the system and then it's gone. So perhaps my issue lies there, but I'm not sure how to resolve it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: Forgot to post my log file: http://pastebin.com/RwfD2QmL

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Harmony remote not working after update/install - XBMCBunutu0