won't open on mavericks
I have mavericks, osx 10.9.5 on a 2014 mac mini. It will let me download Gotham, but the icon is square instead of round, and when I try to click on it to install, the icon does a little flash and dives back into the dock and disappears. I've tried several different ways to get it going, including opening it straight from the download folder, and drag&drop to the app folder. Nothing works. Would I be better off with Kodi, or should I upgrade my os version to Yosemite?
Gotham works great on Mavericks. Upgrade if you like, but you don't have to. You might try downloading again from here. Drag the app to Applications. Then open it. Make sure you have Security Prefs set to "Allow Apps From Anywhere".
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
The icon is square instead of round? <- Wat?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
One of the versions, I can't remember which the app icon on mac got changed to the square one. It sounds like gatekeeper as wgstarks suggests or a permission issue.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Try right click - open
And if that does not work go into OSX - System Preferences > Security & Privacy - and change security settings to allow XBMC to open.

Well guys, I tried all of your suggestions, and still no go. My machine actually says that it is running, but I can't find it! And I still don't understand why the icon is square like that. Might just be outta luck.
In your OP you say that you downloaded the app and then you click on it. It's not still in your Downloads folder right? Just want to make sure you dragged it to the Applications folder before you tried to run it. Also, the logo is supposed to be square, with a white x.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Newbie steps required to install.

1. download the OSX .dmg file from http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/osx/x86_...x86_64.dmg
2. if the /volumes/Kodi window has not already opened, double click the downloaded .dmg file.
3. drag the Kodi.app over the Applications folder to install Kodi.
4. now very important, double click the Applications folder to open it and then right click --> Open - the Kodi.app in the Applications folder to start.

When installing any .app on a Mac it must be dragged into the Applications folder and then started from there for correct operation.

Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
won't open on mavericks0