Bug Universal Album Scraper - forgets to use Digest Option on WebDav
Guys
I am sharing a directory from an apache server runing webdav with AuthType Digest.
The following will give me access:

dav://username:password@ipaddress:port/directory/|auth=digest

You can then work your way from Music->File->SRC->Album->file and play it.
So this seems to suggest all is well so...

I scanned it in (universal Album and Artiest set in music library settings)
and the Albums appear but as each TRACK is scanned on my Apache server I get the following error in the error.log:
Digest: client used wrong authentication scheme `Basic': /mymusic/Music-PI/Disclosure/Settle/01-01- Intro

for each mp3 track scanned (actually it appears twice!)

No if I try to play an Album Track via the library:
Music->Album->MyAlbum->MyTrack
this gives an error either:
an error popup "Playlist Can't find a next item to play"
or
an interaction box saying titled "Playback failed" and the message "One or more items failed to play. Check the log for Details"

However when checking the Apache log at the same time I see nothing when trying to play via album either in the error log nor the access log, suggesting that kodi is not trying to talk at all to the apache at that time!

My guesses (but
1. The way the scrapper intergates the tracks while scanning and doesn't use digest?
2. The way the entries are stored in the library ?
or more like someting else as I have no idea how this works ;-)

Rescanning the source AGAIN does not seem to cause Kodi to probe again the srcs so I get no errors for the tracks in Apache.

ALSO you can not now remove the music source content, you can select it, say remove, say yes delete contense from library, you can then even do a clean,BUT the source is gone but the Albums/tracks etc still show, but of course you get the errors tying to play them! The only way I got them removed was doing a hard reset in OpenElec and setting my box up from scratch again (which is when I tried again so I could be sure of my actions for this post :-)) Alas I did not have the debug option set :-(, if you need the debug output let me know and I'll do it all again tomorrow night, but its near 1am and I have work tomorrow early :-)

Also if you'd like to have access to my webdav for testing that can be arrange if you PM me.

Any one any ideas?

JB
edit:: I am runing Kodi-rc1 on a cubox-i, apache2 on debian Whezzy fully patched.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal Album Scraper - forgets to use Digest Option on WebDav0