Linux XBMC crashes/freezing after upgrade 13.1 to 13.2
Hello to everybody,
I`m facing a new problem.
I was a 13.1 user of XBMC but due to PC formatting I`ve passed to 13.2 version of XBMC. During the use of the previous version I`ve installed and used the XBMC BackUp addon just in case. After the upgrade I used the same addon to restore my settings to the new XBMC...the truth is that I got a warning at the beginning of the process but it gave me the option to proceed anyway and so i did and it all finished without an error (as if...) .
My problem is that afterwards my XBMC keeps crashing or freezing and I cannot understand where is the problem.
If anything matters the only thing I`ve noticed is that it keeps repeating this behavior everytime i try to navigate towards the Programs and System tab (I`m still using the confluence interface).
Eventhough I cannot activate the debugging log addon...I`ve found a xbmc.log file in the xbmc folder and one other xbmc_crashlog-20141203_201411.log.

I just hope that someone helps me to solve this...
Thanks in advance
Deus absconditus
Your db is 100% broken. Remove your .xbmc directory and restart
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-12-03, 21:11)fritsch Wrote: Your db is 100% broken. Remove your .xbmc directory and restart

Ok thank you very much for your help...I`ve done this and it is resolved! But do you have any idea how could I restore my data from my Ex-XBMC instant? At least my smart playlists?

PS: Now I`m getting new errors during the start up (I don`t know if i have to start a new thread) :

- Unable to connect to host
- Library Auto Updater: URL:ERROR: Unable to connect to server
- [Errno-2] Name or Server not known (error in ArtworkRotationThread)
I'm also getting this "error in ArtworkRotationThread" message and don't know why....this thread died on the vine but I was hoping someone else could pick this up and try to help me. I run OpenElec and the Rapier skin all updated to latest greatest stable builds. If you need to know anything else, please let me know.

Thanks!
(2015-06-07, 16:30)Dadmin Wrote: I'm also getting this "error in ArtworkRotationThread" message and don't know why....this thread died on the vine but I was hoping someone else could pick this up and try to help me. I run OpenElec and the Rapier skin all updated to latest greatest stable builds. If you need to know anything else, please let me know.

Thanks!

Nevermind....a Google search gave me some ideas and it turned out the Media Browser add-on was the culprit. Uninstalled it and the error has gone away.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC crashes/freezing after upgrade 13.1 to 13.20