Beware of TRAKT, disable immediately if....
if your pirating anything and have this enabled then it could be tracking you...

http://torrentfreak.com/pirates-expose-t...kt-141130/

just as an FYI
(2014-12-04, 02:26)MediaNoob Wrote: if your pirating anything and have this enabled then it could be tracking you...

http://torrentfreak.com/pirates-expose-t...kt-141130/

just as an FYI

Reported here. All you need to do is set privacy options to make your profile only viewable to you and friends, if applicable.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
As the article notes, Trakt has a web interface and even smartphone apps so people can update what they watch in person in an actual theater. Nothing in that data actually says if someone is a pirate or not. Also, I'd think it would be pretty obvious that Trakt tracks people's watching habits...

EDIT: I also doubt the the "watched via" marks are incriminating enough for legitimate legal action, as you can manage what you've seen from XBMC/Kodi or even hook it into trailers. Heck, you might even have a legitimate copy of the movie on DVD for the purposes of screening it for an awards show ;)
Yes I was thinking that watching "Lucy" when the bluray hasn't officially been released is a bit of a giveaway, but of course I might be in a theatre.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-12-04, 08:56)nickr Wrote: Yes I was thinking that watching "Lucy" when the bluray hasn't officially been released is a bit of a giveaway, bit of course I might be in a theatre.
Lol. True
Yeah, Me, Myself, and I, The Three Musketeers
(2014-12-04, 08:56)nickr Wrote: Yes I was thinking that watching "Lucy" when the bluray hasn't officially been released is a bit of a giveaway, bit of course I might be in a theatre.

IIRC it's already available for purchase digitally somewhere.
That must be where all those people on trakt got it!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-12-04, 10:25)nickr Wrote: That must be where all those people on trakt got it!

Obviously.
Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Beware of TRAKT, disable immediately if....0