Shutdown timer issue?
Ok So if you happen to launch an android app from SPMC and you have a shutdown timer enabled it will act as if you are idle while in the android app and shutdown after the timelimit. Is that how it is supposed to work?
I've never tried that, but maybe. However, Android will quit apps if it needs more memory, which is why you sometimes see XBMC/Kodi/SPMC relauching when you switch back to it, so if that happens then there will be nothing to trigger the shutdown.
(2014-12-04, 04:57)Ned Scott Wrote: I've never tried that, but maybe. However, Android will quit apps if it needs more memory, which is why you sometimes see XBMC/Kodi/SPMC relauching when you switch back to it, so if that happens then there will be nothing to trigger the shutdown.

Aaaah, that's right.

I'm wondering if there're any Android service-type apps available from Play Store that could allow for suspend in the event of inactivity for this kind of scenario. (They'd be root-only, presumably)...
Well i just relized i dont need the feature built into kodi anymore since firetv has a sleep feature now its a moot point. Tasker should beable to put a device in suspend or deep sleep when inactive for a period of time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shutdown timer issue?0