Some files will play, some fail with "No such file or directory'' error
Here's my debug log:

http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=362012

You can see starting at around line 3728 that I start playing an episode of The Big Bang Theory (s07e01). This episode plays fine.

After that, I tried to play s08e01 of the same show. You can see on line 4016 where it throws an error saying the file can't be found.

I then play more from that same season (ie the same folder). Some fail (like s08e02 and s08e03) but some succeed (like s08e04 and s08e05).

Same thing for movies. Further down the file, I am unable to play The Exorcism of Emily Rose or Ender's Game, but I am able to play Fantastic Mr. Fox with no issues.

I am using a shared library, between two windows boxes, my android phone, and my FireTV. I have no problem playing these files on either of the Windows boxes, but on the android devices they seem to fail consistently (I just tried on my phone, and the same Big Bang Theory episodes failed/passed as on the FireTV).

I can post my advancedsettings.xml, but it's nothing special, basically it's copied and pasted from here: http://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL/Setting_up_X...ttings.xml

Any help debugging this would be really appreciated. I'm at a loss as to how it can play one file but not another. If it was a codec issue that'd be one thing, but I looked at the passing/failing episodes with MediaInfo and they are virtually identical.

By the way, I also tried SPMC...same problem.

Thanks in advance.
Some more debug here: I tried directly loading one of the episodes that wouldn't play directly onto the SDCard, and it played perfectly. As suspected, it was not the file.

Then I tried adding the SMB share directly. I drilled down all the way into the Season 8 folder. Interestingly, only s08e04 and s08e05 actually showed up, which definitely makes me think there's something up with the share. i just don't know if it's a windows problem, an android/firetv one, or an XBMC/Kodi one.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some files will play, some fail with "No such file or directory'' error0