OS X Webserver Stream via VFS randomly stops
Hi everyone!

I'm trying to "stream" movies via the webserver's vfs feature. However, streams (iow: downloads) will randomly stop after a few megabytes. The size mostly is around 8 MB while I was able to get about 70 MB after a fresh restart.

This is my installation:
Code:
Starting XBMC (13.2 Git:20140817-0f3db05). Platform: x86 Darwin OSX 64-bit
Using Unknown XBMC x64 build, compiled Aug 17 2014 by Clang 4.2.0 for x86 Darwin OSX
64-bit version 1060
NOTICE: Running on Darwin OSX 64-bit 13.4.0 x86_64, Version 10.9.5 (Build 13F34)

The only DEBUG message about access to vfs I get is
Code:
DEBUG: webserver: request received for /vfs//Volumes/[...].avi
. Funny thing is: if I request a wrong URL, I won't get any other message, not even an error message. Huh

When I'm requesting the file trough my reverse proxy that I've configured for XMBC, everything works just fine! The download will load the complete file without any problems!

Thing is though that no developer (e.g. of remote controls) ever thinks of this possibility so you can't enter a URL component in their configuration like you can using e.g. sickbeard or Couch Potato remotes.

Any idea how to make this work (other than creating an extra virtual host just for the xbmc proxy)?

Regards
try helix rc2
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2014-12-04, 13:52)Memphiz Wrote: try helix rc2

Same issue.
hmm, seems to not be working in Chorus either on OS X, with a quick test (which also accesses the VFS over the web server).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Webserver Stream via VFS randomly stops0