I think I need a new MoBo :( Need help
Right now I have an AMD A8 3870K on a MSI A75MA-G55 and the issue I have is sometimes my XBMC crashes so I need to shut my HTPC down. But when I try to turn it back on it just won't power up. I need to wait hours to be able to power it up again. That happens even when the PC is cold so I Know it's not because it was overheating.
It happens more and more too Sad
It has to be the Mobo, right?
It is in a SilverStone Case GD05B and it has a Scythe BIG SHURIKEN 2 Rev B Cooler on it.
So the question is, which Mobo should I get which would have similar specs but obviously better quality product as this one is only 2 years old.
One thing I need is to be able to wake it up from sleep (S3 or something?) with WOL and even to power it up with WOL.

Thanks in advance peeps!
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
Anyone?
Hi,
the A75MA-G55 has a speaker on it. Pleas tell me if you can hear any beeps while trying booting up after you system crashed?
* If yes this can be a memory issue, remove - clean pins - reinstall in different order in different slots. If no changes exchange memory.
* if no replace MBO
Kind regards
Linus
(2014-12-08, 01:14)LinusPL Wrote: Hi,
the A75MA-G55 has a speaker on it. Pleas tell me if you can hear any beeps while trying booting up after you system crashed?
* If yes this can be a memory issue, remove - clean pins - reinstall in different order in different slots. If no changes exchange memory.
* if no replace MBO
Kind regards
Linus
Sorry it took so long for me to respond but I had given up getting help Sad
Anyway, no beep, nothing.
It always happens after a crash.
I have 2 sticks of memory and I've tried to power up the htpc with 1 stick at a time but no dice.
I still haven't changed the mobo. When it first started happening I would be able to power up the htpc a few hours later but lately it's been terrible. Recently I wasn't able to start it for a few days.
Then it started working again for 2 days and it happened again.
It happened again this afternoon and tonight I was able to start it again by unplugging-plugging the power cords several times. It's driving me f*cking nuts!
So I guess I have to Google what would be the best MoBo to get Sad
Just before you buy new MBO, please try to replace PSU. This piece of hardware can cause similar issue so maybe you can borrow another one just for testing.
Ok, I installed a new PSU. I'll see what happens in the next few days
*crosses fingers* Smile
Just a follow up LinusPL.
Turns out you were right and it was the PSU.
Thanks for the help buddy Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I think I need a new MoBo :( Need help0