Win PVR.FilmOn not complete
As a fan of FilmOn i was thrilled to see a PVR version was made for this great service. So ofcourse i tried it right away, i selected PVR.FILMON from the "http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/win32/kodi-14.0-Helix_rc2.exe" but to my surprise it didn't show up, so i seeked up the plugin in my system and found it disabled, i tried to enable it and gotten an error. Could not find out what was going on at first, so decided to look up my xbmc.log and recreate the error so i could find what the error would be. To my surprise it told me kodi_filmon_pvr.dll is missing. I decided to look in earlier installation but also there i could not find this dll. So i decided to look upon the internet but also there i've found no luck in obtaining this missing DLL.

Does anyone know where to obtain this dll, i would be very gratefull Smile
I noticed this issue as well, Is there anyone actually using windows filmon client?
I am experiencing this issue too. Made also a new thread.

14:41:03 T:5772 NOTICE: PVRManager - stopping
14:41:03 T:5772 NOTICE: PVRManager - starting up
14:41:03 T:3268 NOTICE: Thread PVRManager start, auto delete: false
14:41:03 T:4304 NOTICE: Thread PVRClient start, auto delete: false
14:41:03 T:4304 ERROR: ADDON: Could not locate Kodi_Filmon_win32.dll
14:41:03 T:4304 WARNING: PVR::CPVRClients::UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to create add-on PVR Filmon Client, status = 6
14:41:03 T:4304 WARNING: PVR::CPVRClients::UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to load the dll for add-on PVR Filmon Client, disabling it
14:41:03 T:4940 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
14:41:08 T:9648 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 2 times.

I have tested this on two PCs with Kodi. One was a clean install of Kodi.
Since Isengard the pvr.filmon is working on windows and now channel reordering and channel group manager works too on Isengard beta. Bravo. I really admire the work being done here to get filmon as a pvr on kodi.

But I do have a problem with the pvr.filmon. Most channels stop working after about 5 min play time and then almost none of the channels work anymore (1 or 2 do). I know the stream links have to be refreshed after 24 hours or so but even when restarting kodi none of the channels work. Disabeling and re-enabling the addon does sometimes seem to work. But then again after 5 minutes, poof all channels stop working. My question is does it only work when having a payed subscription or is there some other issue?
the OldSkool Generation Gap
I have a mac does this pvr work on it? I saw it before just not sure as to where to get the addon?
I have installed Kodi 15 Beta 2 on Android Tablet, and MacMini and both have the same 5 minute freezing problem but restarting Kodi allows it to run for another 5 mins. Very new to all this but really like the lookm of the EPG and picture for fast switching between channels. Very interested in helping to fix this as it really would allow me to cut the Sky cord.
(2015-06-18, 19:02)Richard.Choo Wrote: I have installed Kodi 15 Beta 2 on Android Tablet, and MacMini and both have the same 5 minute freezing problem but restarting Kodi allows it to run for another 5 mins. Very new to all this but really like the lookm of the EPG and picture for fast switching between channels. Very interested in helping to fix this as it really would allow me to cut the Sky cord.

are you using a free account? if yes you need to compile addon with this fix

https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.filmon/pull/26
(2015-08-23, 17:07)gendo Wrote:
(2015-06-18, 19:02)Richard.Choo Wrote: I have installed Kodi 15 Beta 2 on Android Tablet, and MacMini and both have the same 5 minute freezing problem but restarting Kodi allows it to run for another 5 mins. Very new to all this but really like the lookm of the EPG and picture for fast switching between channels. Very interested in helping to fix this as it really would allow me to cut the Sky cord.

are you using a free account? if yes you need to compile addon with this fix

https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.filmon/pull/26

Silly question, but when I download the zip, where do I put the debian and src folders go? I know where to put the pvr.filmon file in c:\Program Files\Kodi, but I've no idea about the others. I'm using Windows 8.1.

Thanks.
Silly question but.. For those experiencing freezing after 5 minutes... Are you registered with filmon and logged in through the pvr?

It might be worth me mentioning that you don't have to pay a subscription to enjoy filmon, just register a free account.

Filmon founder and CEO, Alki David, feels strongly that if a TV channel is free to view on cable or satellite then it should be free to view online as well. He has fought long and hard to provide this mainstream and niche content legally, at no cost to the viewer, and new content is being licensed/produced/purchased frequently. However, you won't be bombarded with offers and opportunities after you register, as you and your email are very well respected and not used by filmon for such a purpose, let alone sold/rented to third parties.

Alternatively.. Have you tried waiting a moment or two after it freezes ...or hitting play? There are some channels which continuously keep freezing every few minutes, even on fibre broadband.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR.FilmOn not complete0