Container.SeasonThumb not showing
(2014-12-05, 20:20)BigNoid Wrote: Whats the benefit for container.art over listitem.art? Every art type is available for listitem.art, only season.xxxx doesnt work for episodes. I'd rather have that fixed and get rid of the container stuff, for consistency
Dunno what benefits are but over consistency point of view ListItem art shall be more precise if used at a path upper level for arts. It should handle movie sagas art and "all seasons" view. I imagine using Container art fort seasons in "All seasons" view will not handle all relative posters when scrolling from a season' s episode to another season's one ... Or maybe the "All seasons" poster ?

The fact is handling all possibilities is a pain ... Benefits or not, it's possibilities offered to enhance our skins. So thanks for your time spent into this Smile
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
I've done some digging in the art changes thread and found this -

(2012-11-07, 21:11)Hitcher Wrote: TV Show poster is available at episode level but not Season poster. Not sure whether Jonathan wanted it this way or not.

(2012-11-07, 21:18)jingai Wrote:
(2012-11-07, 21:11)Hitcher Wrote: TV Show poster is available at episode level but not Season poster. Not sure whether Jonathan wanted it this way or not.

Ok. So... JM.. if it wasn't intentional, could this be added? Smile

(2012-11-08, 00:25)jmarshall Wrote: It was intentional, primarily because it's easy to change tvshow stuff - much harder to do so for seasons (no season info).

So it appears Jonathan removed the season poster intentionally as it's not obvious to the user how to change them.

I guess we should remove the container images from the wiki really.
or at least add "deprecated" for I*** or J*** so skinners stop using them and we could safely remove them without breaking future skins
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Judging by the dates I guess they were depreciated around Frodo.
So stupid question ... Is there a way to get poster art of the item's upper path ? Or make a season list controlled by an episode list ? Who said tricky ?

You could set a window property when at season level for the poster and then display it at episode level. Only works if seasons aren't flattened but then again just use tv show poster.
(2014-12-05, 21:29)Hitcher Wrote: You could set a window property when at season level for the poster and then display it at episode level. Only works if seasons aren't flattened but then again just use tv show poster.
Can you PM me how to do that ? My skin is built around posters with lists turning around it. This missing poster breaks the look of the animation ... Sadly

Try adding this button to your focusedlayout.

Code:
<control type="button">
    <texturefocus>-</texturefocus>
    <texturenofocus>-</texturenofocus>
    <onfocus condition="Container.Content(seasons)">SetProperty(SeasonPoster,ListItem.Art(poster),home)</onfocus>
    <onfocus condition="!Container.Content(seasons) + !Container.Content(episodes)">ClearProperty(SeasonPoster,home)</onfocus>
</control>

And then use a variable for the poster at episode level that first checks if Window(home).Property(SeasonPoster) is not empty and display it, if empty display TV show poster instead.

Not 100% sure on the clear condition though.
(2014-12-05, 22:27)Hitcher Wrote: Try adding this button to your focusedlayout.

Awesome Hitcher ! That works. A huge thank you. Didn't know about the property sets ... I've learned a new one.

You might want to add the ClearProperty action to myvideonav.xml as an <onunload></onunload> operation as well.
@Hitcher, sure. Test code is always welcome.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I think we should nuke the old container artwork labels and replace them with Container.Art() for Helix+1. It makes no sense to fix something just to remove it right after the upcoming release. Objections?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
In case you guys want to give it a try.. build @ http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/win3...er_art.exe introduces Container.Art(). In order to query the season art just use Container.Art(season.poster) - just like you would do for ListItem.Art(). Please let me know if that works for you and if there are any issues.
(2014-12-06, 12:55)mkortstiege Wrote: I think we should nuke the old container artwork labels and replace them with Container.Art() for Helix+1. It makes no sense to fix something just to remove it right after the upcoming release. Objections?

yup, a clean cut would be nice.
fwiw, none of the skins in our repo are using Container.TVShowThumb/SeasonThumb
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2014-12-06, 17:56)ronie Wrote: yup, a clean cut would be nice.
fwiw, none of the skins in our repo are using Container.TVShowThumb/SeasonThumb

Yeah, I messed a little with Container.SeasonThumb, but never got it to work and forgot about it again... Sorry for not reporting back at the time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Container.SeasonThumb not showing0