Slooow response time when clicking on movie poster
I have Raspbmc running on a rasp pi. I am using Frodo 12.3 because I have no internet at home (live in sticks) and cannot auto update anything.

I have the same Frodo on a laptop that I sometimes take Downtown and upgrade and scan all my new movies. I then copy the database and thumbnails to the pi, change the paths of everything, and it works fine.

The problem is that when I click on a movie poster, it takes a couple of mins to find the movie and start playing it. It seems to me that it is trying to find it and looking in different places.

I was wondering if someone (Sam?) can tell me where it tries to find the movie. Is it in the movie table, either c08, c20 or c23? Are these places suppose to have the full paths, or just the movie filename? Is it in the files table, as in strFilename? Since the path table has the full path to all the movies folders, why does the actors, movie, files and other tables need the full path ? And also the Texture table...

Sorry for all the questions, but I don't get to go downtown very often to use the web, and as you know, I am crippled here without the use of the internet.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer...

Tony
Unfortunately, a debug log (wiki) is the best way to help solve this.

Not really sure what you're doing with the database when your say "copy the database and thumbnails to the pi", followed by "change the paths of everything" - surely if you're changing all the paths, your thumbnails are being invalidated (the cached artwork name is based on the path of the original artwork - changing the original artwork path renders any cached artwork useless).

Also, any remote artwork in your database will likely end up trying to be cached so you'll want to eliminate all remote artwork, including actors (make sure "Download actor thumbs" is disabled).

Disabling "Extract thumbnails and video information" is also a good idea.

It does sound however like the Pi is trying to perform a network lookup of some kind, probably internet related, and is failing/retrying (I think curl has something like a default 10 second timeout, and may be trying several times). You could try reducing/increasing the timeout to determine if it is curl related - create a .kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml with the following:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <network>
    <curlclienttimeout>10</curlclienttimeout>
  </network>
</advancedsettings>
or just add the <network>...</network> part if you already have an advancedsettings.xml.

But without a debug log (wiki) it's hard to say at all.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Library maintenance may be a good idea as well if not already performed.

Make sure all networked drives are connected or you will loose all your metadata / artwork etc. otherwise.

XBMC > System > Settings > Video > Library > Clean Library

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slooow response time when clicking on movie poster0