Kodi 5 beta, OpenElec 4.97.1, MythTV PVR - missing "All Recordings" folder
In the last few beta's of Kodi 5 (currently via OpenElec 4.97.1), I've noticed a change in the behavior of the MythTV PVR plugin:

Previously, when selecting the "TV" menu on the main screen, then "Recordings", the next screen would show a "Default" folder, (and maybe a "Live TV" folder is some live shows had recently been watched). If you open the "Default" folder, the list of folder names shown had one folder for each show title recorded, and was preceded by a folder named "All Recordings". You could select the "All Recordings" folder, and see a chronologically sorted list of shows recorded.

The most recent beta's no longer show the "All Recordings" folder, and there is no way I can see to display a chronologically sorted list of individual shows. Only the "show folders" are visible.

Is there a new setting that I need to change to bring back the "All Recordings" folder?

Thanks!
I added a new setting in addon advanced settings screen to fix the Kodi change: Group recording by title ... See http://kodi.wiki/view/MythTV_PVR
Aha! Thanks so much. I found it under: MythTV PVR Client -> Configure -> Advanced.

Changing 'Group recordings by title' from 'Always' to 'Never' did just what I needed. Fantastic!
After doing so, I had to select the "parent folder -> ..", and wait while the "Working" spinner spun, but then the chronological list displayed just like it used to.

Thank You janbar.
At the risk of pushing my luck, might I ask a related question?

I liked the "old" (current) solution of showing TV recordings grouped by Show Title with an "* All Recordings" folder at the top because it supported two common search modes:
1. Once inside the "All Recordings" screen, I set the sort to chronological. This made it very easy to see the most recent recordings.
2. I have the grouped Show Title screen (the one containing the "* All Recordings" folder) sorted alphabetically. This made it easy to find a show by name when looking for a specific title/series.

I recognize the new approach combines the chronological order with the Show Title groups, and I see how this is similar to option 1 above (even without changing 'Group recordings by title').
However, it appears the new approach in the MythTV plugin cannot provide a simple way to look for a show title visually by Title (something similar to option 2 above).
So I guess I'd like to have my cake, and eat it too. Smile Am I missing some solution to list Show Titles alphabetically?
Ping. Any thoughts?
The folder "All recordings" was handled by skin. Now with Kodi it has been removed and it is too late to add this functionality in the addon because Kodi is now released and team don't want new update. Next it will be great to test the new and report your wishes before releasing. Now i cannot push any update.
Hi Janbar,

It helps knowing what happened. Thanks very much for explaining the how/why of "All Recordings" going away.

What is the best way to help get some similar feature back? Where is the best place to repeat the request for something akin to the "All Recordings" and "series folders sorted by name" features?

Dan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 5 beta, OpenElec 4.97.1, MythTV PVR - missing "All Recordings" folder0