Linux Kodi unusable with ubuntu-xboxdrv installed
I am having this exact problem. The work around is to kill xboxdrv before opening kodi.

Has this been fixed? I am running linux mint 18.1, kernel 4.4.0, with Kodi 16.1
It's on ubuntu to fix it ... it should stop telling to be a joystick. We only enumerate joysticks, nothing else.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I know that this is an old post but this worked for me. I got sick and tired of lag and driver crash issues while using ubuntu-xboxdrv with Ubuntu versions 16.04 and 17.04. This uninstalls the ubuntu-xboxdrv and installs a Kodi driver for controllers. From my experience, you do not need the ubuntu-xboxdrv at all with Kodi (unless you enjoy frequent problems). It works flawlessly now on my htpc with no wait, lags, or system errors. I hope that it works for anyone else that is looking for a fix for using a controller in Kodi on a Linux system.

uninstall ubuntu-xboxdrv off system by typing:

sudo apt-get purge xboxdrv

then type:

sudo apt-get install kodi-peripheral-joystick

Start kodi and setup your controller under system settings, input settings, the select configure attached controllers and it should work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi unusable with ubuntu-xboxdrv installed0