strange ffmpeg/vda issue with Helix
My mistake, here you have the full one and as previously started the movie -> no vda -> did 30 secs step forward after a few secs -> vda got enabled. I understand ffmpegvda is experimental but so far it solved all the issues I had since Gotham with GF 320M.

http://pastebin.com/hJxVjF1L

BTW I asked one more person to check if he experiences the same thing with ffmpegvda&Helix and he does, so seems like skipping does toggle vda on and off, at least with 320M (if it's related at all).

Best,
wishy
@wishy22
No problem. You are welcome.

@Memphiz
Here is my debug log concerning the ffmpeg-vda toggling on seek, just in case it helps:

debug log

I'm also aware that it is experimental, but I was just curious to try it out after wishy22 mentioned it solved some of his issues. And it seems that it does at least solve some of mine, as described in detail in my previous post. I don't know yet wether it breaks any others though.

I also do think it might be that some Parts of Kodi don't play well with the 320m. There are 4 threads on the first page of this forum concerning various video and audio sync issues and the one common thing seems to be the 320m. This thread, then here , here and here.

Regards, F
Can you guys try this testbuild please?

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/osx/x...x86_64.dmg

i have not a single doubt that nvidia 320m sucks on osx ... Smile
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thank you, sir. Smile

Just gave it a quick shot. Unfortunately it is still the same though. VDA still toggles on and off on seek.

Log

(2014-12-07, 21:28)Memphiz Wrote: i have not a single doubt that nvidia 320m sucks on osx ... Smile

Hehe... Big Grin

Edit: Added log just in case.
Thanks Memphiz, it's still the same for me as well. Log if needed:

http://pastebin.com/us7GaXhN
Something has changed, just today I installed rc3 and ffmpegvda is on by default and seek doesn't change it, so looks like it's been fixed! Smile

Edit: well, not really. It was fine with that particular movie but I checked a few more and the problem is still there.
there won't be a fix for helix - thats why it is not turned on by default - your issue is with the gpu which only allows one hw decoder instance opened at a time - this is a problem when seeking and opening the stream (its a flaw in our code but not easily to solve and not in release candidate phase anyway).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks for keeping us up to date on this. In case you ever need any help running a testbuild, etc. concerning this or any other gf 320m issue, just say so.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
strange ffmpeg/vda issue with Helix0