• 2(current)
WIP Playstation 4 Skin
Great work! I would like to try it, but will this skin work on KODI Helix?
Thanks! And nope at the moment this skin will only work on Gotham (Previous versions I haven't tested). I will make this skin available on Helix soon.

An update should be released either later on today or tomorrow. I will post a list of the changes shortly.
Rubs hands!!! Sure its going to be even more awesome and polished!!!Big Grin
Thanks!! Big Grin

The latest update will be uploaded some time tomorrow as I still need to change around a few things.

Some of the best features included in this update are:

- Themes now have their own sound effects!
- Each theme included will have their own navigation sounds.
- If you create your own theme and don't include a sounds folder with the navigation sounds then the skin will just use the default ones.
- The theme sounds feature can be disabled in the settings
- There are added themes
- Improved xmb tiles
- Added tiles on main section with transparent background + glass effect (still working on the glass effect)
- Improved power menu, settings, library, language files, colors and icons
- Pretty much all icons get changed when switching themes, apart from the main tile icons because most are low quality
- Code improvements
- Improved skin setup on first time use
- Option to reset everything to default
- Improved options to disable themes, single or multi image backgrounds, enable/disable wave background
- New bottom tiles like: recent games released, video & music addons, recent movies ect. (See images below)

At the moment when hovering the games tile it displays some new games that I have placed there. If anyone knows of a way to display your own games here from advanced launcher then please could you let me know.

Here are some images of how the latest update is looking:
(Some things still need changing)

watch gallery
Damn I will only get to test the latest revision when I return from my trip!!! Thanks for the hard work!!Tongue
Great update, thanks
Hello , did you see "personna" from eddage? He manages to put picture of advanced launcher game into the main menu, you have to indicate the path of the picture if I recall correctly...and I think you can even lauch the game from the menu...but I am not sure of that, I test it some times ago....
I hope it will help you!
Very food work, just don t go to far from kody , keep it simple !
Cheers
@bakito : Thanks for the info! I will take a look in to the persona skin in a minute and see how he's managed to do it Smile
Thanks! On this skin I will try to get it as close to the PS4 UI as possible without moving away from the KODI features.

The latest skin update has just been released! Download links are on the first post.

The full version is with some themes and navigation sounds included, the minimal is with no themes.

Full = 120MB
Minimal = 28MB

There is now a version released for Helix! Smile I haven't been able to test out this version too much, but it seems to be working fine. I have noticed one problem though. If you select the ABC keyboard in the settings then one of the keys goes missing. The QWERTY layout works fine though.
this skin totally locked up my cubox pro running helix. seems to be a very resources heavy skin?? anyways looks good but cant use it
(2014-12-18, 21:27)toyota12303 Wrote: @bakito : Thanks for the info! I will take a look in to the persona skin in a minute and see how he's managed to do it Smile
Thanks! On this skin I will try to get it as close to the PS4 UI as possible without moving away from the KODI features.

The latest skin update has just been released! Download links are on the first post.

The full version is with some themes and navigation sounds included, the minimal is with no themes.

Full = 120MB
Minimal = 28MB

There is now a version released for Helix! Smile I haven't been able to test out this version too much, but it seems to be working fine. I have noticed one problem though. If you select the ABC keyboard in the settings then one of the keys goes missing. The QWERTY layout works fine though.

Thanks back home..Time to download and test new version!!!!
OP can you please share the backgrounds, really like them Smile
My XBMC/Kodi folder: addons, skins, addon/menu backgrounds & more
@mikexmayhem : Hmmm It shouldn't be, unless you are using the Sonic theme or something. Runs smooth on both my machines. I have noticed that it sometimes freezes up when you leave it idle on Helix. Are you getting the same problem with the default theme ?

@Veronica : Sure, all the backgrounds are included in the skin themes, but if you want just the backgrounds then you can get them from here: Backgrounds

The latest update has just been released with a lot of fixes and improvements for the Helix version.
The skins themes now feature colors, backgrounds, sounds and icons. I will edit the tutorial on the first post for people who want to create their own ones.

Here is a little video of the skins setup and testing out some of the new themes:

Thanks dont forget to enjoy Christmas and take a break!!! Just checking .Can we change which Games videos appear under games or have it randomized using Youtube .
1. A favourites Shortcut in settings line will help remove/rearrange favourites order quickly on main page. See even in Quick Nav there is no Favourites button option. 2.Anyway to add a transparency option for background. Sometimes when using themes or custom background images they appear a bit dull. Would pop more if we could adjust their visibilty.
3.Any plans to add any view types. Just saw Tri Panel in Horizon Skin. Nice to have new viewtypes. Have you ever used the Xperience More skin. Had some cool view types that would look great tweaked for PS4 Skin. Any ETA on custom items getting their own row?

Loving this skin and how fast it s progressing.Thats enough nagging for now..lol..Merry Christmas!!
(2014-12-24, 15:57)toyota12303 Wrote: @mikexmayhem : Hmmm It shouldn't be, unless you are using the Sonic theme or something. Runs smooth on both my machines. I have noticed that it sometimes freezes up when you leave it idle on Helix. Are you getting the same problem with the default theme ?

@Veronica : Sure, all the backgrounds are included in the skin themes, but if you want just the backgrounds then you can get them from here: Backgrounds

The latest update has just been released with a lot of fixes and improvements for the Helix version.
The skins themes now feature colors, backgrounds, sounds and icons. I will edit the tutorial on the first post for people who want to create their own ones.

Here is a little video of the skins setup and testing out some of the new themes:

Can you please help me out with your skin? I installed it, but when I start XBMC/Kodi (tried both Gotham and Helix) it won't load menu with What's New, Far Cry 4 and other stuff. White ring spins forever, however i can go up and see settings, music, video, power and stuff like that
I have the same problem
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playstation 4 Skin9