Kodi v14 (Helix) upgrade FAQ
Question 
See: Kodi v14 (Helix) FAQ (wiki) - Frequently Asked Questions for upgrading to Kodi v14 (Helix), including how to enable some of the new features, where some controls got moved to, etc.

NOTE: This thread is about improving the Helix FAQ. It is not for troubleshooting. Unless it's directly related to the FAQ (such as clarifying instructions on the FAQ, an issue you think should be included, etc) don't post it in this thread and start a new thread instead.

It's that time again. The aim here is to make the upgrade FAQ the first line of defense for all the common upgrade questions, and this time around we'll probably have a lot more that deal with what is needed for the name change. I still know of some stuff that needs to be fleshed out and added, but I also wanted to see what other people think might be frequently asked, or otherwise be good to clarify.

What's missing? What should be added/removed/changed/made clearer? Etc. Feel free to edit the page directly or mention what you think should be changed in this thread.
1. Wiki page on action IDs (linked from FAQ 3.1) needs to be updated for the change in behaviour of "play" action and new "Playpause" action.

2. New features (1.3) should include the new PVR EPG views (now/next/channel).

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
(2014-12-07, 04:38)scott967 Wrote: 1. Wiki page on action IDs (linked from FAQ 3.1) needs to be updated for the change in behaviour of "play" action and new "Playpause" action.

2. New features (1.3) should include the new PVR EPG views (now/next/channel).

scott s.

Thanks, both updated.
I followed everything in the wiki, but when i try to install Kodibuntu i get to the screen and select install it goes through a process and then comes to a blank black screen. I've let it sit for about 5 mins to see if anything progresses but nothing happens. Any solutions? Sorry if this is not the spot i just figured it was related to the FAQ as I may be missing something.
(2014-12-14, 12:06)marcus556 Wrote: I followed everything in the wiki, but when i try to install Kodibuntu i get to the screen and select install it goes through a process and then comes to a blank black screen. I've let it sit for about 5 mins to see if anything progresses but nothing happens. Any solutions? Sorry if this is not the spot i just figured it was related to the FAQ as I may be missing something.

Hmm, not sure at this point. Could you also post about this here? http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=211076
is there a way to update the kodi app on the amazon fire stick
(2015-04-02, 06:47)dmr1114 Wrote: is there a way to update the kodi app on the amazon fire stick

Just perform the update again using the newer APK. Either via the ADB commands or using ADBFire, or one of the similar tools out there. Installing it a second time will keep the same settings, but it never hurts to also do a backup (wiki).

The Amazon Fire TV (wiki) page should have some info on installing if you need a refresher.
Where kodi can be found to save and run everthing ready to install
(2015-07-25, 19:43)scottlandville51 Wrote: Where kodi can be found to save and run everthing ready to install

I have no idea what you are asking.
(2015-04-02, 06:55)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2015-04-02, 06:47)dmr1114 Wrote: is there a way to update the kodi app on the amazon fire stick

Just perform the update again using the newer APK. Either via the ADB commands or using ADBFire, or one of the similar tools out there. Installing it a second time will keep the same settings, but it never hurts to also do a backup (wiki).

The Amazon Fire TV (wiki) page should have some info on installing if you need a refresher.

Hi. Having only just joined I guess I should say hi and thanks in advance for putting up with my noob questions. I too have isengard 15.0 on fire stick and want to update version without losing settings or addons. Can you tell me step by step how to do this using adbfire? Including whether i need to download the new apk version of kodi to my pc first? I previously used apps2fire from another android device to sideload to fire, so I am unfamiliar with adbfire.

Thanks again.

scott

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi v14 (Helix) upgrade FAQ2